FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 05:26 AM

Default 25nl, river set of kings

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.8, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($7.8, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>.

Don't know the player. I had a bit of a rush in SNGs and cash games that recently came to an end. I've dropped a few buy ins and my confidence is pretty low. Rather than think about this hand I just cursed the ludicrous board.

Thoughts on the flop raise and turn check?

Call or raise the river?
Old 04-01-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: 25nl, river set of kings

Fire around 1.5 on the flop, when he raises you, you HAVE to 3-bet this flop. As played I probably bump it to 11 and most definitely call a shove. This board is one of the drawiest you'll see and you have to make a decision on the flop whether you're going all the way with it on a turn blank or if you're gonna be a passive nit. This turn sucked kinda bad, but do you think he's checkraising with 76 on the flop? I think this is T9 (maybe clubs) or 2 pair, weighting pretty heavily towards T9.

Oh and just call the river. Nothing you beat is gonna call a raise.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 AM

Aside from betting more on the flop, I disagree with thac. This is the worst board for an overpair to face and I can find a fold to any excessive heat. 3betting the flop traps us against all better hand and wipes out all the worse. Sure he can spike his draw, but you are in position not him. By 3betting or shoving you make it a very easy decision for him. My play would be different if I were OOP and the decision would be based on my opponent playstyle. Against an unknown, I am very inclined to fold to any turn heat. As played, call river, looks like a blocking bet.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:17 AM

If he had a straight he would without a doubt just call you or min raise you. That raise SCREAMS combodraw to me. I would put him on something _like_ T9 or something like that. The bet makes no sense for a straight, not really for a flush draw if I'm honest. They prefer a blocking bet in general.

Given what I think he has I have to fire another bet on the turn. I don't want him to make his straight.

The club scared me a little. But I would be inclined to raise/fold. As if he does reraise you on the river he probably does have you beat.

Everything about this hand to me seems like a combodraw though.

I think he would play a flush one slow given the straight. So thats why I think straight!!!

Sorry if I'm way off, just my reasoning!