- will only work for a few months at the most
- $600

XBOX360

Pros:
- controller is fixed for this gen
- new tv/movie download option will be SWEET
- good graphics, good games

Cons:
- power brick is the size of a nintendo wii. this isn't a joke, the power brick is the size of a nintendo wii.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: help me make a purchase

ok, well i looked at mostly all the games i'd be planning on getting and it looks like XBox has more of what i want so i think im set on gettin that. What i was wondering though cuz ive never owned an Xbox system, how do i play Halo online, is there somethin i need in addition to the system? also, i see there is a regular system and a premium system, is there that big of a difference? are there any additional things i should buy for the 360 right away that will be needed? (i.e. like when you bought a PS2 you had to buy a memory card to save any progress in any game)
Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 PM

x-box live, i think its $20ish a month. don't know if that has changed
Old 11-20-2006, 01:24 PM

alright, x-box live is what exactly? is it a piece of hardware you attach or a completely different system like a XBox 360 Live? any basic info would be appreciated
Old 11-20-2006, 02:01 PM

Xbox Live is the internet subscription to play xbox 360 games online. For PS2 you never had to pay a fee to play online because you were logging into the servers for the gamemakers but for xbox I think you log into the MS servers and play on thier service (which they charge for). That was the biggest reason I stayed away from the xbox since I didnt find it necessary to pay to play a game I already own online but whatever floats your boat.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:54 PM

Xbox live is $50/year for gold access. This lets you play your games online, and dl demos, movies, etc as soon as they come out. Silver access is free and you get the demos and movies a bit later than gold members, and don't get online play.

the difference between the core 360 and the premium is the premium comes with the hard drive, a wireless controller, and a headset. The core just comes with the unit and a wired controller. If you buy a core you'll want a hd and thats another $100 (only worth it if you get a killer core deal like the one at Amazon for $100.)

The only extra things you would need from a premium unit would be another controller, plug and play pack (recharg battery pack for the wireless controller), and possibly the wifi adapter (you can plug it straight in to a Lan connection if you are close enough.)
Old 11-20-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Xbox live is $50/year for gold access. This lets you play your games online, and dl demos, movies, etc as soon as they come out. Silver access is free and you get the demos and movies a bit later than gold members, and don't get online play.

the difference between the core 360 and the premium is the premium comes with the hard drive, a wireless controller, and a headset. The core just comes with the unit and a wired controller. If you buy a core you'll want a hd and thats another $100 (only worth it if you get a killer core deal like the one at Amazon for $100.)

The only extra things you would need from a premium unit would be another controller, plug and play pack (recharg battery pack for the wireless controller), and possibly the wifi adapter (you can plug it straight in to a Lan connection if you are close enough.)

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks that helps a lot, i'll most likely be gettin a premium package and an extra wireless controller and like 7 games or somethin
Old 11-20-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS3

Pros:
- very expensive
- very large
- your friends will all have one

Cons:
- will only work for a few months at the most
- $600

XBOX360

Pros:
- controller is fixed for this gen
- new tv/movie download option will be SWEET
- good graphics, good games

Cons:
- power brick is the size of a nintendo wii. this isn't a joke, the power brick is the size of a nintendo wii.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't post if you aren't going to be helpful.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks that helps a lot, i'll most likely be gettin a premium package and an extra wireless controller and like 7 games or somethin

[/ QUOTE ]
If you go 360 and the wireless controllers dont forget to pick up one 'plug and play' kit and probably a battery pack for the other wireless. The plug and play lets you play while the batteries charge....great for when the batteries die during a session.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:55 AM

I have said this before, when you get Xbox live, download Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat 3 off Live arcade.

Besides, if you want a PS3 down the line, its not like you can't switch. TY ebay.