Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 11:42 PM

Default Re: 5/10 FT Mehhh....?

I know that you said that you have not seen him in too many hands, but have you seen what he raises with at all. 88 or 99 is a good possibility to knock out EP/MP limper.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:15 AM

A few things...

1) If MP1 is fish and villain knows this, his 3-bet range may be wider knowing your raising range will be wider.
2) Villain bet the flop and was called in both places. He should be figuring gutshot at the minimum.
3) That is a really high agg factor. 4.

Calling the turn bet thinking you may get a check behind on the river. Can't see that happening against this opponent. If he happens to hold a hand hero beats, villain is likely firing again on the river. So you get about 9:2 to call down.

I think it is a bit close, but the fold is okay with me.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling the turn bet thinking you may get a check behind on the river. Can't see that happening against this opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just beacuse he has a high AF after 200 hand doesn't mean he'll never stop betting something like TT/99/KQ. I think he checks the river with a worse hand more often than the 1 in 45 times he need too.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling with the attention of check/folding the river should be considered. If we assume we have 4 clean out villain only needs to check behind on the river a little more than 2% with a worse hand for it to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like this philosophy. However, I don't think most players would bet with 88-TT here, board is just way too scary. Fold is actually not bad, I think I would have called but I doubt it is very high +EV. I do think it is + only because the pot is a little bit big.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great fold. I wouldn't mind a fold on the flop either seeing that it is 2 toned. Disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero easily has the implied odds on the gutshot even if we assume the limper has a flush draw.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 3 players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

IF MP1 had called I'm folding. (ironically with better pot odds, but probably worse implied odds)

Since he folded and we don't need to beat as many hands, and there is some chance we are good or splitting, and we have 4 outs heads up - I think i want to see the river card.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]