Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-08-2006, 05:02 PM

Default 5/10 FT Mehhh....?

Villain is 16.9/11.9/4 over around 200 hands. Haven't seen him play too many hands (obviously) or get outta line.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 3 players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 3 players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Haupt_234
Old 11-08-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 5/10 FT Mehhh....?

Haupt I don't understand the call on the flop, and then folding when you hit the turn. If you were folding to an A on the turn why are you calling the flop bet? Were you just calling for the gutshot? Would you have stayed in if a Q hit?

Peace,
Confused
Old 11-08-2006, 05:26 PM

Good fold, the only hand you are safe against given the action would be QQ.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haupt I don't understand the call on the flop, and then folding when you hit the turn. If you were folding to an A on the turn why are you calling the flop bet? Were you just calling for the gutshot? Would you have stayed in if a Q hit?

Peace,
Confused

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutter.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:30 PM

I think preflop and flop are good.

Given the villain's high AF, the fact that you are now heads-up, and the decent pot, I would have actually called the turn with your TPGK and draw.

His PF aggression suggests that he might be a loose PF reraiser...
Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the villain's high AF, and the fact that you are now heads-up, the pot, I would have actually called the turn with your TPGK.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two factors are irrelevant to my hand's relative strength vs. the villains 3betting range. I don't think postflop AF has anything to do with PF looseness (although i'm not 100% certain) . They are both seperate stats...

Haupt_234
Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was peeling mainly for the GS, since I thought that even if I hit a Q or A, I would still be crushed by villain's likely range...

Haupt_234
Old 11-08-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold, the only hand you are safe against given the action would be QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so certain of this. The stats we have tell us little of his PF 3-betting range. However, he appears to be aggressive preflop and postflop. Agressive players can 3-bet with less than QQ in this situation...

I think his flop he flop was a standard continuation bet for an aggressive player. I think this tells us even less about his hand.

At the turn I think we might be ahead or equal, and we have a draw to the best possible hand. The pot is of good size. A call seems good IMO.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:47 PM

I don't see why you called the flop if you were just going to fold the turn. What card were you waiting on exactly? You missed the flop and maybe have 3 outs, just leave it alone here.

From his stats you'd have to figure you were going to pay all the way to showdown unless he completely whiffed. Check/fold the flop, especially if you aren't going to continue on even if you get cards that pair your hand.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:53 PM

Hey Allday, just a few things I want to point out about your post that I felt differently about while playing the hand

[ QUOTE ]
Agressive players can 3-bet with less than QQ...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he does 3bet with less, I would expect his VPIP to be more than 16.9, even over a 200 hand sample.

[ QUOTE ]
We might be ahead or equal

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the possibility of him having the same hand should sway us into calling down both streets.

While I was playing the hand, I thought that even though I was closing the action HU on the turn with TPGK, the only likely hand I am ahead of is QQ/TT (assuming he bets the turn still, which many TAGs won't) and splitting with AQ. I am behind to basically everything else...

Haupt_234