Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Free State Project

http://freestateproject.org/

[ QUOTE ]

What the Free State Project is... The Free State Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.

There's no better place for freedom-loving Americans than New Hampshire... New Hampshire was the state chosen by signed FSP participants in a vote that took place in August and September 2003. It was chosen because it has the lowest state and local tax burden in the continental U.S., the second-lowest level of dependence on federal spending in the U.S., a citizen legislature where state house representatives have not raised their $100 per year salary since 1889, the lowest crime levels in the U.S., a dynamic economy with plenty of jobs and investment, and a culture of individual responsibility indicated by, for example, an absence of seatbelt and helmet requirements for adults.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Free State Project

This project is my barometer on whether or not I take a libertarian seriously or not. I first ask if he has signed up for the free state project. If he isn't I can safely say he is just a young single rich white guy who hates paying taxes. If he is then serious discussion can begin because at least they have the courage to stand for their convictions. On the flip side I haven't seen too many AC'ists posting from Somalia so I usually ignore their drivel altogether.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:18 PM

I haven't seen to many statist posting from the soviet union, so I usually ignore thier drivel.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:24 PM

Unfortunatly the people at the top of the state institutions have shown that they are willing to murder many many more than 20,000 people if those people stand in the way of their basic interests (ask 100,000+ Iraqis). Just because I'd prefer to pay my protection money rather than get murdered by the mafia doesn't mean I support the mafia itself.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:26 PM

Fortunately that doesn't happen so much in functioning democracies.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:37 PM

ORLY?

ORLY?

ORLY?

There's probably 100 more examples if you're interested.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:29 PM

The British are more responsible for the overthrow of Mossadegh than the Americans are: Churchill was the one demanding cheap Iranian oil (i.e. allowing the Anglo-Iranian Company to control Iran's oil reserves without the consent of the Iranian people or their duly elected government) to offset the economic clusterfuck that was the post-war UK and Eisenhower merely played along with his old military ally.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The British are more responsible for the overthrow of Mossadegh than the Americans are: Churchill was the one demanding cheap Iranian oil (i.e. allowing the Anglo-Iranian Company to control Iran's oil reserves without the consent of the Iranian people or their duly elected government) to offset the economic clusterfuck that was the post-war UK and Eisenhower merely played along with his old military ally.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly the people at the top of the state institutions have shown that they are willing to murder many many more than 20,000 people if those people stand in the way of their basic interests

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point there.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This project is my barometer on whether or not I take a libertarian seriously or not. I first ask if he has signed up for the free state project. If he isn't I can safely say he is just a young single rich white guy who hates paying taxes. If he is then serious discussion can begin because at least they have the courage to stand for their convictions. On the flip side I haven't seen too many AC'ists posting from Somalia so I usually ignore their drivel altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a guy on Free Talk Live radio show last week. His real name is Wayne, but he also goes by the name of Captain Freedom. Is that you?

Never mind, I've seen some of your posts and I can safely assume that it is not you.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:16 PM

[censored] New Hampshire. Seriously. Way too cold. And far too many politicans running around every four years.