Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Tutorial Video #3: 100NL 6-max

[ QUOTE ]
lol at u wanting to play K7o UTG if on UB

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the video #1 and video #2 (both played on UB) and you'll see what I mean. K7o is actually one of my premiums from UTG there.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you post a link to the wmv or avi please? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use this in the address bar and it should give you the option to save it, (it worked in ie but not in firefox) http://kavehsamani.com/videos/video3_media/video3.wmv
Old 08-21-2006, 05:58 PM

tx for your response but i dont know if we are communicating well on my second question, as you are mostly pointing to the criteria for the turnraise. I was talking about the river, where you decided to check through and the merits for valuebetting here?

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ,
Old 08-21-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tx for your response but i dont know if we are communicating well on my second question, as you are mostly pointing to the criteria for the turnraise. I was talking about the river, where you decided to check through and the merits for valuebetting here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I see, well the reason for not value betting that river is because I don't think i win over 50% of the time when I bet and he does call (which is the rule you go by when you decide whether to make a value bet). Moreover there is always the risk (albeit small vs. bad players) to get bluff-reraised all in in which case I'd have to lay down the hand. I don't think he calls there with top pair.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:06 PM

Guys, if you have questions about specific hands, could you please indicate exactly how far into the video it appears. It's kinda hard giving accurate answer just from what I can recall...
Old 08-21-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason why I bet 7 here is that I would bet 7 as well if I actually missed the flop and did a standard c-bet. I can't start varying my bet size depending on whether i've hit the flop or not. If he's got a draw then he is not getting the right pot odds anyways and probably isn't getting the right implied odds because I got position and won't pay him off if he does draw out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

7/11 pot is to small for a standard c-bet in a cash game (imo). This seems more like a tournamnet c-bet.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The reason why I bet 7 here is that I would bet 7 as well if I actually missed the flop and did a standard c-bet. I can't start varying my bet size depending on whether i've hit the flop or not. If he's got a draw then he is not getting the right pot odds anyways and probably isn't getting the right implied odds because I got position and won't pay him off if he does draw out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

7/11 pot is to small for a standard c-bet in a cash game (imo). This seems more like a tournmanet c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

My c-bet vary from 50% PSB to 100% PSB depending on the texture of the flop. The more draws out there, the stronger the bet. Note that the size of the bet only depends the flop and not the strenght of my hand. But I believe this to be a matter of style, I don't see any harm if you bet 9:11 on that flop, as long as you are consistent and you're not giving any info about how much you like the flop.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:30 PM

well given the looseness of the player shown in the video, we agree to disagree then. I think a 1/3 PB-valuebet will be called a lot with toppair because of the obvious busted flushdraw, and i see little danger of a bluff-checkraise given an OESD could play it the same way. The likelyness of the latter(bluff-cr) would increase if you have a strong opponent, that would peck you as one as well and doesn't think you could be chasing his bets with an OESD unless you were holding exactly either A8 or K8 of diamonds(perhaps Q8s/88). This particular loose guy seems able to chase an OESD as well in your spot, and prolly thinks everybody would [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

my 2 cts and still all input is welcome,
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well given the looseness of the player shown in the video, we agree to disagree then. I think a 1/3 PB-valuebet will be called a lot with toppair because of the obvious busted flushdraw, and i see little danger of a bluff-checkraise given an OESD could play it the same way. The likelyness of the latter(bluff-cr) would increase if you have a strong opponent, that would peck you as one as well and doesn't think you could be chasing his bets with an OESD unless you were holding exactly either A8 or K8 of diamonds(perhaps Q8s/88). This particular loose guy seems able to chase an OESD as well in your spot, and prolly thinks everybody would [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

my 2 cts and still all input is welcome,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm sold.

P.S.: Start making videos [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7/11 pot is to small for a standard c-bet in a cash game (imo). This seems more like a tournmanet c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

My c-bet vary from 50% PSB to 100% PSB depending on the texture of the flop. The more draws out there, the stronger the bet. Note that the size of the bet only depends the flop and not the strenght of my hand. But I believe this to be a matter of style, I don't see any harm if you bet 9:11 on that flop, as long as you are consistent and you're not giving any info about how much you like the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cbet 7 into $10.5 here too. cbets vary on board texture, number of players and position, not on how well I hit the board