Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-30-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend has HPV (warts?)

You gave it to her. Even though it's common, you need to show some compassion.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's really not a big deal at all -- there are tons of people who have it and don't even know it. Feel free to chomp away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a quick google image search of HPV may dissuade you from your chomping proclivities

[/ QUOTE ]

does your GF's poontang look like the first image in google image search ...if so ,dump her ..ASAP ...

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg. I just gagged. wow, that was rough.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was indeed worse than I imagined.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gave it to her. Even though it's common, you need to keep going down on her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck with that.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought like 80% of people would eventually get this?

Doesn't seem like a big deal at all, I think HPV is the new egg yolk. think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is 80%, but its well over 50.

Either way, like someone said, either you gave it to her or she cheated on you. Basically this means you're a carrier but will most likely not have problems with it.

Neato?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm#common

"By age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. About 6.2 million Americans get a new genital HPV infection each year."

I was close, is your girlfriend 50 or over? If so, it would be weird if she DIDN'T have it. I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your style. Citation and witty banter. I stand corrected. Move along. Move along.

I am surprised by that number though. Anyway, I really want to know who cheated on who or if he just has carried it since before they got together...which would seem weird if her last pap didn't show it and they'd been sexually active with each other for awhile.

Edit: Nevermind. However, if he does NOT have HPV, then she cheated on him. Good times either way.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM

If she was a virgin, then you gave it to her. While men are carriers, they don't get the symptoms or repercussions from it that women do. HPV can lead to ovarian cancer, which is why the new drug Guardasil came out, she should go get immunized as HPV has many different strains and there are only a few of them that cause the cancer.

Just because she has a strain of HPV that showed up on her test also doesn't mean that she will have any visible symptoms. I say continue on with the oral sexing, like others have said a lot of women have it and most don't even know. You've all probably oral sexed 1 or 2 of them, assuming you're getting some. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T
Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she was a virgin, then you gave it to her. While men are carriers, they don't get the symptoms or repercussions from it that women do. HPV can lead to ovarian cancer, which is why the new drug Guardasil came out, she should go get immunized as HPV has many different strains and there are only a few of them that cause the cancer.
T

[/ QUOTE ]

A doctor friend of mine indicates that getting cancer as a result of HPV is much much lower of a chance then getting it from continued use of tampons, which contain bleached and in some cases dyed materials. Seems to think all this hype is just a push from the drug companies to sell more, and that HPV has been around forever.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A doctor friend of mine indicates that getting cancer as a result of HPV is much much lower of a chance then getting it from continued use of tampons, which contain bleached and in some cases dyed materials. Seems to think all this hype is just a push from the drug companies to sell more, and that HPV has been around forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that your doctor friend is an idiot who doesn't know an urban legend when he reads one.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 PM

That's why I stopped using tampons
Old 11-30-2007, 06:03 PM

Also, am I getting levelled with the google search stuff? I typed in HPV hoping to get a picture of a vagine covered in oozing warts, however all I got was a girl being vaccinated. Huge let down
Old 11-30-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that your doctor friend is an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh god I hope that isn't a picture of Freud in your Avatar, because the Irony would kill me.