Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Live 6/12: River Bluff?

Table is better than usual postflop. It will break in 20 minutes when the 15/30 opens and 5 of the players move to it. Everyone is still limping a lot PF. Villain is UTG, and seems to know what he's doing, although may be messing around a little.

Hero holds 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the HJ. UTG limps, MP Limps, and hero limps. Button calls, blinds complete and check. Six handed to a flop of:

8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

It checks around

8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check, UTG bets, MP folds, hero calls, Button and blinds all fold.

8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, Hero bets.....
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Live 6/12: River Bluff?

if you have a read that utg is one of those live players that doesnt call without a pair (which is common) then i think a bluff works enough to be profitable.

dont do this online though.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM

There are 4.5 big bets out there, so I don't need to win very often to make the bet. He has a pair like never here, right?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has a pair like never here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

What pairs do you think he is betting the river with? What hands is he betting the turn with?

It feels like the sort of hand where your opponent might put you on a flush draw and checks to induce a bluff.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What pairs do you think he is betting the river with? What hands is he betting the turn with?

It feels like the sort of hand where your opponent might put you on a flush draw and checks to induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are giving a live 6/12 player way too much credit for being logical.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you are giving a live 6/12 player way too much credit for being logical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A check to induce a bluff happens like... almost never.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, OP said that the villain here "seems to know what he is doing," the table was described as "better than usual postflop," and he may be one of the players waiting for the 15/30 to open (it wasn't stated), so I don't know if it's right to assume that this player is your typical live 6/12 player.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM

He was waiting for the 15/30. I knew it, and he should have known that I knew it, although he probably thought I was just another 6/12 donkey. Now just because he's waiting for the 15/30 doesn't make him a genius....

It's hard for me to believe I won't induce a fold at least 25% of the time here. His hand really looks like two overs trying to take down the pot, or possibly a flush draw like mine.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM

I like it. He doesn't have a pair here very often, I think. You're getting what, like 4-1 to bluff? Easy play. NH
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 PM

If he knows what he's doing, he should always bet this river with K-high or lower.