Default KK on small flop

15VPIP/10PFR/3AF/317hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $11.75
BTN: $25.50
SB: $94.90
Hero (BB): $100.95

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $6

Flop: ($18) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $86.90 and is All-In</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: KK on small flop

Sick spot. SB cold-calls PF and then calls another raise PF? I fold here. I think you would need some specific reads that he would shove 170BB for a raise on the flop with hands like 99+ before I would consider calling.

If you call I think he is going to flip over a set or AA more often than not.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM

Really looks like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... Does a set really push here?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Well if villain is decent, Im going to assume he is from his stats, then a shove with a set isnt bad here. A raise to 45 looks more suspicious. A shove looks like a draw. I dont think this is 33/66. This is either a flush draw with an over or a set imo, maybe QQ. Anything else I think its fairly safe to assume is gone from his range. I just really dont think a 15/10 is risking 200 bb's with JJ or less here. I am too tired to do stove right now, but if you want to stove QQ, all set combos, and AK/AQ/AJss you should have your answer about calling or not.

On a side note, have you been fairly active or not? Because if you have then he could have called with an sc seeing how deep you two are. If he did that then this could be two pair or a combo draw as well.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 AM

on another note how quick was the push?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 PM

i'd fold. only 'cause you're deep. I think you're looking at a set or asks here. This guys nitty and would shove a set on this kind of a board. He wouldn't shove a draw unless it was a really big one imo. fold.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:54 PM

You're slightly ahead/way behind here. He's very rarely doing this with QQ, although I could see this being aces a lot. Basically, in a best case scenario his range is sets, QQ+, and AQs/AKs and you have 1/3 equity against that; you need over 40% to call.