Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Embracing my inner calling station...

Online 3-6, full ring...the Button is a spazzy regular who unpredictably varies his play from Station to LAG. The other players are unknown to me.

Preflop: There is an MP poster...I limp UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP checks, CO raises, Button coldcalls, both blinds fold, I call, UTG+1 limp-reraises[!], MP poster folds, everyone calls.

Flop: (13.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players).
I check, UTG+1 bets, CO raises, Button folds, I call, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (9 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players).
I check, CO bets, I call.

River: (11BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players).
I check, CO bets, I call.

Given the PF action, I was considering checkraising the flop if it came back to me without the CO or Button placing aggressive action. However, once the CO raised the flop, I couldn't bring myself to either fold for two more or checkraise, so I just called. Consequently, given that the limp-reraiser ended up folding the flop, I figured I was then pretty in a WA/WB situation with the CO, and decided to try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

Too weak, or just right?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Embracing my inner calling station...

Was sure I'd seen this thread title before. I was wrong. similar thread title

Yeah, I think PF open limp is correct with that dude already posting. I don't think raising works enough here. I'd fold it offsuit or if no poster.

Yeah I think this should usually be check-raised at the flop unless what happened happens.

No point getting spazzy at the turn as far as I can see. Think it's obv an easy check-call though I think sometimes it seems most clowns playing this game jam here.

Hey, what do we do if we river our flush? Check-raise? Or bet-3bet?

I think you need to check-call that river. I think we'll be good or splitting easily often enough with TP decent kicker to do this.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 PM

nh. there are a couple things you could do differently on just about every street, but in a vacuum they aren't necessarily more optimal than the way it was played. honestly, i could see him turning over as weak as TT given the baord and typical overaggressive retardation of online players.

what was your river plan if you hit your flush? just curious.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what was your river plan if you hit your flush? just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I can't remember what I had planned to do if I had hit my flush. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

FWIW, my opponent showed A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and MHIG.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 AM

A lot of times I just donk the turn. I know OMG everyone bets when they pick up their stupid FD and it's an overused overrated play but I think this is a pretty good spot for it seeing as how we have TOP PAIR. Getting raised here isn't awful and he isn't going to raise super light. We also make him pay drawing to 1-2 outs a lot of the time.

We are never WA/WB on the turn, and ESPECIALLY not against a lag.

I think a river CR is the only play, seeing as how he bet the river here it's apparent he'll valuetown you lots(I'm not even sure if this is a river Vtown or not) and I don't think he'll B3B nearly as much.

Don't be surprised if he b/f the river often and you say "wow I had a lot more outs than I thought"
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We are never WA/WB on the turn, and ESPECIALLY not against a lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

The opponent was unknown to me.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:04 AM

It doesn't matter, you have 12 outs a TON and 14 outs a very large portion of the time.

Considering he didn't cap PF the hands are like 99/88/AhKx KxQh, and I guess stuff like TT JJ once in a while.