Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Two Standard Hands I think

Motor City 15/30 Hold Em/Omaha Hi Mix

I don't think I've ever been in a bad game at Motor City, this being no exception. Table is generally LP sometimes switching to TP but when its TP it tends to be showdowny TP and not weak tight TP. Everyone thinks they're Omaha experts, which just means they play both games bad.

Villian in hand one is the kind who raises one pair type hands on the flop, slowplays two pair or better, and otherwise calls. He never folds. His range preflop is like any two broadway cars except maybe JT and QT and 77+.

Hand 1

I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. 5 Limps to Button who raises. SB folds. I call. Everyone Calls.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet. 4 calls including villian.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet. One call. Villian Raises. I threebet. Call. Call.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet. Fold. Raise. I call.

Hand 2
Villian in this hand is a tight old man. He tends to slowplay sets, but fastplay two pair type hands. he misses lots of value on the river.

Hand 2: I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+2

One limp. I raise. Two Cold Calls. BB Calls. Limper Calls

Flop (5 Players, 10SB): T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet. fold. fold. raise. UTG folds. Hero folds.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Two Standard Hands I think

hand 1 perfect

hand 2 raise pf is probably meh given the lineup you describe. flop fold seems fine given your read.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:43 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Hand 2 if your getting as many to the flop as you describe, I'm calling 77, and debating 88.

Hand 1 looks good, I hate that sinking feeling when they come back to get some more on the river, not because I'm losing money but because that line typically means they played me well.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 AM

Hand 1: Okeydokes.

Hand 2: You're getting 13:1 & closing the action after the flop raise. 6 turn cards allow you to continue. Continue.

EDIT: Upon further reflection, 14 turn cards allow you to continue. Continue more eagerly.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1 looks good, I hate that sinking feeling when they come back to get some more on the river, not because I'm losing money but because that line typically means they played me well.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played his hand horribly. IMO he played every street wrong except the river.

I do think hand two is probably a call preflop, but it's obviously not a really big mistake if it's one at all. At least I didn't fold.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:15 AM

Hand 2 is a terrific example of counting outs.

JJH, how many outs are you giving yourself here? What is your mental process for deciding how many outs you have here?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 AM

I think I'd give myself like 3.5 outs at most. Am I retarded and missing something here? I think my 2 7s are pretty clean and my backdoor draws... goddamnit I actually didn't even notice until now that an 8 is also part of my bd potential. I'm generally bad at valuing bd draws but 8 cards will give my gutshot draws and 4 will give me an open ender. I think I can count those 8~.8 of an out (like 8/47 I'll pick up 4 outs) and those 4~.8 (4/47 I'll pick up 8).

Also because my opponent is passive, he might give me a free card on the turn.

I suck at noticing things.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:49 AM

hand 1 is good. nh.

hand 2 i go either way pf, mostly limping in that game(70/30). call the flop raise. you have about 4 outs and you're getting like, 13-1 closing.