Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: I feel so dumb posting this

[ QUOTE ]
Well obviously it would still be important, I'd just think less so than in PL. I mean, analogizing to limit hold'em v. nlh, a J-high flush draw in a 6-way pot is a jamming hand in LH and a fold in NLH.

Other differences between LO and PLO I can think of are that hands like suited-ace rags are going to go way up in value in multi-way pots, and set-making hands will prob go way down in value. In general, suited or double-suited cards probably go up in value, b/c you'll often have odds to draw even with the risk of paying off a better hand. Like 2 pair and a non-nut draw will be a great hand on the turn facing action from a possible straight, etc. Small rundown hands I'd think would be pretty garbage, since small 2 pair won't hold up nearly as often, and small nut straights and such won't be able to protect their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

when six or seven players see every flop and a lot are getting to the turn playing J high flush draws would be lighting money on fire no?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 PM

I skimmed through the Farha book yesterday and he gave lots of differences between LOH and PLO.

One item I remember is that in PLO, both AKQJ and 7654 are good hands. But 7654 is significantly worse at LOH because you cannot protect your hand as much.

But, if you there are 7 to the flop and almost no raising in your game 7654 is probably worth a limp.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I skimmed through the Farha book yesterday and he gave lots of differences between LOH and PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like one you can play and the other you can't?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like one you can play and the other you can't?

[/ QUOTE ]

You talking about me or Farha? If it's me, why be an a$$?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 AM

I think in a loose live LOH game nut draws will be more important than in a similar PLO game.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:35 AM

I think for example there are lots of spots where you should peel with a gutshot, but not with a J high flush draw.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think for example there are lots of spots where you should peel with a gutshot, but not with a J high flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very helpful comment...

Here is an example of a hand where I got to the river with a J high flushdraw. Should I be folding the turn?:

5 limpers to me. I raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. One fold. Threebet. I think its 7 handed for fourbets (cuz i capped).

Flop comes J high with two hearts. I check and call one bet. It's five handed. Turn comes a blank. I check and call one bet. Still five callers. River is another blank. I fold to a bet.

Obviously, if this were limit hold em, I'd c/r the flop, bet the turn for value, and probably bet the river for value. So valuing non-nut draws in huge pots is one of the problems I'm having.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM

it's pretty hard to fold the turn getting 20-1 or so. You expect to hit your flush one time in five or so, and if it is good even a quarter of that time, calling is breakeven. And if you hit a jack, that might be good too. So maybe you should call the turn because the pot is so big, but it's close.