Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: I\'m confused and hate how I played this hand.

Preflop would be call. Not bad to cap but I would do it with AQs+. Just because of SB. Button is not to worry about if he raises with crap.

Now, in flop you have a one-card draw to a straight, and one overcard. But you must be careful! You might be dominated by SB. He is probably check-raising here with AK-AQ, KK-QQ. Check is good. If button checks behind, it will benefit your straight draw. If button bets, it gets interesting. If SB raises, you get only 1:7,5 (did I calculate right?) to your draw. That's not enought. You could call because of implied odds. If SB only calls it will be a clear call (1:14). Unimproved turn should be folded if button checked behind. But maybe you get enough implied odds from turn to river if there was betting on the flop. Depends on the situation. But fold river unimproved. If river or turn pairs the board, you should fold whatever you have. You'll be facing a full house.

Of course you could value your ace as a live card, so you could call all the way to river and, if you spike an ace, call or raise (of course you raise with your str8). But then again, the pot probably will be dragged to a better hand (AK-AQ, KK-QQ) and you will be wondering why you had to be such a fish again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 AM

Who is the SB and why are you calling him dungeon master? I think I know all the 2p2 commerce regulars and I am wondering what this guy looks like.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the SB and why are you calling him dungeon master? I think I know all the 2p2 commerce regulars and I am wondering what this guy looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible you do not understand what I mean by the term dungeon master:

Dungeon Master
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 AM

Im also curious...
Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im also curious...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh.....I dunno if he was actually two plus two. I'll post the rest of of the hand even though I wanted to wait for evaluations cause it will explain how my reads were confirmed.

So I bet. Button raises. SB 3 towns. Hubby looks as Dungeon Master with a stare that screams "Do you think you're playing with kids?" which just happens to be my least favorite saying at a poker table. I fold getting 9.5:1 at the moment and facing the prospects of it being slightly better than 7:1 if button caps it. I think my implied odds are not so good...not necessarily enough to justify a call here. Further, there are redraws even if I get there. And I probably have to pay off. All around it's a mess. So I fold.

Dungeon Master bets it down. Hubby calls with AQ(pair of queens, ace kicker). Dungeon Master shows KQ. Hubby looks and says good hand and then goes ballistic when it dawns on him that Dungeon Master 3 bet KQ pf. He launches into a rant about how awful it is. Dungeon Master responds with "I had KQs in the sb against a button raiser. What do you want me to do, just call!?!?!??"

Anyway, click on the link and scroll down to video #6. Patton Oswalt's character is in line with what I was thinking:

Dungeons and Dragons
Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Heh Reno911 is a good show. I knew the reference i was just wondering who it was... and i guess ill never know.