grimstarr>HIV>mcbusto>everyone>OP 0 0%
sorryfor trolling you wildgulf- let's be friends again 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wide receiver situation is lame (despite an otherwise strong team). I have Steve Smith, Patrick Crayton, Curtis, Lee Evans. At tight end I have Witten and Cooley. I'm being offered Calvin Johnson for Cooley. Is this an auto accept given CJ's potential being so great ? I'm worried about this injury of his.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't even close. Carrying a backup TE solely for the purpose of a bye week is disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

But you guys are 100% comfortable with CJ being the guy I'm getting in return ? it's not the trading of the tight end that I mind. it's the guy's injury status coming back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what else does he have? What else do you think you can get? Heck, even if you make the trade and immediately after you find out CJ is done for the season, you really haven't lost much.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wide receiver situation is lame (despite an otherwise strong team). I have Steve Smith, Patrick Crayton, Curtis, Lee Evans. At tight end I have Witten and Cooley. I'm being offered Calvin Johnson for Cooley. Is this an auto accept given CJ's potential being so great ? I'm worried about this injury of his.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't even close. Carrying a backup TE solely for the purpose of a bye week is disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

But you guys are 100% comfortable with CJ being the guy I'm getting in return ? it's not the trading of the tight end that I mind. it's the guy's injury status coming back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what else does he have? What else do you think you can get? Heck, even if you make the trade and immediately after you find out CJ is done for the season, you really haven't lost much.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got B. Edwards, Welker, CJ, Branch at wideout. And I know he wouldn't do Edwards or Welker. CJ is the most viable guy.

I don't know about Cooley not being much. With all the wideouts hurt in Washington I think he'll increase in value. He's been underperforming as is.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Right, but how often will you start Cooley over Witten? Unless Witten gets hurt, Cooley's value on your team is almost solely Witten's bye week and trade bait.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:52 PM

I'm looking to upgrade at QB. We start 2QBs and I have Kitna, Cutler and Huard. I plan on dropping Huard and trying to claim SJax off waivers. (I also plan on losing this week by 150 points.)

A guy in our league has Palmer, Bulger and Warner. I'm offering him Thomas Jones for Bulger. My other backs (start 2) are Addai, Jacobs and Selvin Young.

Is this a good offer?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, but how often will you start Cooley over Witten? Unless Witten gets hurt, Cooley's value on your team is almost solely Witten's bye week and trade bait.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this we agree 100%. I just hate trading too fast when I could get better. then again I may never have a shot at a player as good as CJ, specially if he comes back healthy. May have to risk it...
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to upgrade at QB. We start 2QBs and I have Kitna, Cutler and Huard. I plan on dropping Huard and trying to claim SJax off waivers. (I also plan on losing this week by 150 points.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably know this, but Huard is supposed to start Sunday, and could have a big game at home vs. CIN (who have Jonathan Joseph suspended out of an already swiss cheese secondary).

I understand with Kitna, Cutler, and Addai on byes, you're probably sacrificing the week, but if you could get a free agent QB to start just for this week, you might want to take a shot at it. Or at least, isn't there anybody else you could drop for SJax?

[ QUOTE ]
A guy in our league has Palmer, Bulger and Warner. I'm offering him Thomas Jones for Bulger. My other backs (start 2) are Addai, Jacobs and Selvin Young.

Is this a good offer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I don't get why you want to invest in two banged up Rams, though.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I voted yes but simply because you need to trade a TE for a WR. Now which TE for which WR, just get the best deal you can. Hell try the old two for one with an existing WR and a TE for a top not WR.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I voted yes but simply because you need to trade a TE for a WR. Now which TE for which WR, just get the best deal you can. Hell try the old two for one with an existing WR and a TE for a top not WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve Smith+Cooley for B Edwards ? or I give up too much there ? Crayton + Cooley ?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Thinking about picking up Kenny Watson (playing KC this week) for some depth at RB. We start QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Flex(WR/RB)

My team

Kitna(bye), Warner
LT, Green, J.Jones, Ward, K.Jones(bye)
Steve Smith, Boldin, Walker(bye), Marshall(bye), Crayton
V. Davis(bye), Olsen

Im thinking I can just drop Brandon Marshall since I have Walker and he should be healthy now. But I also have some people I can get rid of after this week because my normal starters will be back. So who to drop?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably know this, but Huard is supposed to start Sunday, and could have a big game at home vs. CIN (who have Jonathan Joseph suspended out of an already swiss cheese secondary).

I understand with Kitna, Cutler, and Addai on byes, you're probably sacrificing the week, but if you could get a free agent QB to start just for this week, you might want to take a shot at it. Or at least, isn't there anybody else you could drop for SJax?

[/ QUOTE ]

My league only has 4 bench slots. Kitna, Cutler, Addai, Young, and Santonio Holmes are all on bye. Even if I tried to win this week, I'd have to go kickerless, and I'm going against a guy whose team is decent and has almost no guys on bye.

I'm pretty much looking forward to the future, and while Bulger and Jackson are bruised and banged up now, I think gambling on them for later on is my best choice. I really don't see any way I win this week as it is.