Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-08-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/2 - Day 6)

[ QUOTE ]
This hasn't been answered yet in this thread yet
But running 8's make quadd 8's with an Ace high kicker for both players.

I wish posters were like more responsive to questions that are asked instead of leaving people waiting for answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was answered at least 1/2 a dozen times earlier in the thread.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hasn't been answered yet in this thread yet
But running 8's make quadd 8's with an Ace high kicker for both players.

I wish posters were like more responsive to questions that are asked instead of leaving people waiting for answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was answered at least 1/2 a dozen times earlier in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold!!! Please direct me to your commedy club schedule.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 AM

What about the guy who bust out in 10th? With blinds of 100/200k he pushes for 3.5 million with A3o when he was at least a couple of spots off the button. Wow.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM

So fitting how Kenny Tran busts out on a sick-call attempt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It was certainly not a horrible play because he did have top pair, though it was at least a bit shaky. But it looks like Tran lives by the call and dies by the call.

Shockingly bad play by Scotty in the AQ hand, as has been gone over ad nauseum here. By no means is that a standard play, even though the other guy was a blind. The only thing I could think of what that he put Hilm on a queen with weaker kicker, with a chance Hilm had a King but would be forced to lay it down due to Scotty's big bet. And Scotty must have figured that no matter what, his Ace still gave him outs. But really, it was a stunning play that made little sense.

The flush draw he busted out on was pretty standard, but that AQ hand was just wow.
[ QUOTE ]
It looked to me like the further Scotty was going in the tournament the more "obsessed" he become about having another shot to win the title again. Early he looked to have the sick feeling that every player was trapping him with the nuts, when he had the second and third nunts, what looked like slowrolled calls from the editings were instead really suffered decision for him by the look of his face. I think I have seen 3 hands like this when Scotty had his tournament life at risk and he was really seriously concerned to being beaten in a situation where he had a really powerful hand and all his opponents were kind of shocked when they saw the hand he struggled to (insta-call). One of those hands is also in this last episode, when he was put all-in by Hilm when holding the full house. Then, as he also said, something totally changed and he suddenly believed to be invincible and his fast collapse looks to proove that he was really under a personal huge pressure that he wasn't able to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you may be on to something here.

I know what you mean by Scotty taking time deliberating some seemingly obvious insta-calls - I noticed that too (and not necessarily with the Hilm full house hand, that could well have been a slowroll). A few times on these broadcasts, Scotty has really deliberated making calls, even when he had practically un-foldable hands. Nothing wrong with that though - thinking things through is always good. Too bad he didn't think things through on that AQ hand.

Though I definitely agree with the people who say that Hilm put Scotty on tilt. I didn't see Hilm doing anything particularly bad, though maybe he said something that they didn't show. Regardless Scotty seem pretty ticked off at something and looked very irritated by Hilm. I think he really wanted to just push Hilm around, and picked a bad spot to do it in.

But the obsession with and pressure of winning another one, as well as Scotty maybe starting to feel like he was destined and couldn't lose, might have contributed to this though.