Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Default College Football Players Eligibility (wtf????!?!)

alright, i saw 2 things that caught my attention just now.
Kyle Wright of Miami is playing QB for Miami this season, but he graduated in 2006. how can you be able to play a entire year after you graduated?
also, Mundy on West Virg., they said he transfered from Michigan to West Vir. after he graduated. how can you transfer to another school and still play there after you have already graduated?
wtf are these rules that allow this? it doesnt make any sense to me. but gotta hand it to Mundy, he got outta Michigan just in time.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: College Football Players Eligibility (wtf????!?!)

I think you have four years of eligibility. Most of the time players are taking graduate courses if they have already graduated, as far as I know.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle Wright of Miami is playing QB for Miami this season, but he graduated in 2006. how can you be able to play a entire year after you graduated?
also, Mundy on West Virg., they said he transfered from Michigan to West Vir. after he graduated. how can you transfer to another school and still play there after you have already graduated?
wtf are these rules that allow this? it doesnt make any sense to me. but gotta hand it to Mundy, he got outta Michigan just in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard rule is that you get five years to play four seasons, so a number of guys end up playing in their fifth year while doing graduate work.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard rule is that you get five years to play four seasons, so a number of guys end up playing in their fifth year while doing graduate work.

[/ QUOTE ]
alright i understand now, its still [censored] tho, i think im just jealous cuz i want an extra year to just hang out in college
Old 09-08-2007, 03:52 PM

On Mundy, last year they made a rule that said if you graduated in 4 years and still had eligibility left (i.e. you'd redshirted) that you could transfer to another school to play your final year. I think that rule has since been reversed.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think upperclassmen taking graduate courses is pretty common. Most of these guys go to school year round and pick up a bunch of credits during summer sessions.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Their was an article in the NFL Sports Illustrated preview edition. The article was about some 59 year old name Mike Flint playing LB at SUL Ross State.

Something about him getting kicked out 37 years ago, then comin back to finish his program.