Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Leasing A Motorcycle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah do you have a motorcycle license?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always been told that these are for chumps

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, how are they gonna catch you? Those stupid horses sure aren't gonna do it.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah do you have a motorcycle license?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always been told that these are for chumps

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, how are they gonna catch you? Those stupid horses sure aren't gonna do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not because the horses are stupid. It's because they can't grip the throttle or steering wheel.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that it doesn't take that long to get a motorcycle liscense, so why is that an issue here?

"people that think they'll just hop on one and cruise around are the ones who end up dead"

lol, wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're being naive. Motorcycles are dangerous. When it's smooth riding, it's easy to think you know what you're doing. Once you find yourself in a spot is when you're training saves you. A good example is that you don't know what counter-steering is. Googling it isn't good enough. You actually need to practice it and feel it in real life. I'd estimate that, despite their apparent ability to ride a cycle, 80% of riders don't counter-steer properly, causing a sizable lag between deciding to turn and actually turning. Leaning doesn't do it. You can tell by watching people.

Leasing sounds like a horrible idea and suggests to me that you're not serious about learning to ride.

If you want to ride, take a safety course that is at least 30 hours worth of instruction. And buy a cheap cycle for your first bike. You're a heavy favorite to drop it at least once. Not necessarily while moving, but stopped at an intersection it'll be leaning too far and you won't be able to right it. Trust me.

Qualifications: Graduate of California Motorcycle Safety Program, licensed motorcyclist, long-time motorcyclist, owner of a 1983 Suzuki GS550E. No accidents.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that I want to lease is merely because I have nowhere to put a bike through the winter nor do I want to be paying for one while I'm not using it.

Also, to assume anyone that wants to lease is "not serious" or "are the ones that end up dead" is [censored] stupid. I'm about to get rid of my car up here because I never need it and I thought some riding during the summer wold be a good idea and some fun.

That doesn't mean, "OMG I WANT TO GO 500!!!! WHERES A LIGHT POLE?!?!?! THERES ONE!!!! IMA GO RUN INTO IT WEEEEE!!!!" [censored] moron

I had in mind some thoughts on bike upkeep, financing for a lease (which i guess doesn't exist for bikes), and any other things I may want to keep in mind while shopping.

Instead I get a bunch of [censored] life nits and a lecture lol

And way to cut off the part where I said I'd definitely look into a safety course

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think you're getting so much negative feedback? It's not because everyone here has some vendetta against you. It's because you're blinded by the exciting prospect of getting a motorcycle and you're about to make a poor decision. You asked for advice and you're getting it. Don't be a baby.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the BRC, get back to us. I took the course, spend hours riding and [censored] up three weeks after buying my bike. Totaled for the win.

Buy a beater, beat it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

better than me. i took the class and i wrecked mine 7 days later.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:24 AM

Thanks Bluey and Eyeswhite. That bike is the type of thing I'm looking for. Something sports but won't cost me $5k+. I guess it looks like the best option is going to be to buy a bike that should hold its value fairly well so I can sell it off after a few months.

and lol at me making a poor decision because I want to do something exciting... life nit

my best friend's brother's best friend just died in a motorcycle accident so it's not like I'm unaware that being irresponsible can get you hurt/killed; but that doesn't equate to not buying a bike; that equates to not being a moron once I buy my bike