Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: BIOSHOCK DEMO on XBox Live right now

[ QUOTE ]
not sure about it being short...I've been playing for about 6-8 hours so far and I've been exploring everything as the story encourages this....so far its amazing...I've only seen one of the "upgrade your weapon" stations so I really have no clue how far into the game I am...but one thing I discovered today was the Houdini splicers...

wow...the Houdini's are probably the greatest (average difficulty) enemy in a shooter....just a fantastic monster...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 12+ hours in and just over halfway through.

incinerate the houdinis and wrench them to death
Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 AM

What a [censored] ending for such an amazing game!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:19 AM

My friend just got an Elite, and I played the demo on it. What an amazing game. I can't wait till I get my 360 back from MS so I can get the game.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, I read in a review on amazon (non-english) that a guy who got the full version early complained that he had completed it in less than 8 hours. He said that the gfx are great but the game is extremely short. Max Payne 2 style probably. Has anyone heard about this too? Will there be an awesome multiplayer that makes it worth paying a lot of dough when it's released instead of waiting a while until it's used and cheaper on ebay or amazon marketplace?

[/ QUOTE ]

8 hours is definitely a speed run and almost definitely done entirely on easy. Play on hard, enjoy the levels / atmosphere and this is a longggg game. I've probably put about 20 hours into it so far and am less than half done. Still loving it too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Also:

NONPLOT/GAMEPLAY RELATED SPOILER: <font color="white">the game has multiple endings </font>
Old 08-25-2007, 07:18 AM

I just finished playing it through on hard. I really think they should add some more modes to add to replayability. The different ending thing is cool but for me its never been enough of a motivator for a second run.

Overall a great game, but it doesn't crack my top 5 (although I guess time will tell).
Old 08-25-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
theres a pc demo out right now too if anyone is interested.. from what i hear you need a beast of a computer to run it at max settings but if you can do it the lighting and water are supposed to be breathtaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded the demo over Steam and when it loaded the "Welcome to Rapture" part, mah screen just went black, but the sound kept playing. Symptoms of a crash. I don't think my 1GB ram/6600GT/2.0ghz can handle this thing. grr.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Overall a great game, but it doesn't crack my top 5 (although I guess time will tell).

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your top 5. I'm curious.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:22 PM

I am about to punch my wack ass 360 in its face. Its taking forever to load Bioshock now even though it has ZERO marks on it. And just now when it did load, i [censored] up a big daddy got a gift from Tennenbaum and boom it freezes. I am white angry right now.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Now its not recognizing the disc at all. It just keeps loading if i try to power on with the disc inside. If i insert the disc at the Dashboard it reads for a second and then displays open tray. Checked the disc again, it is pristine. Not a single mark.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now its not recognizing the disc at all. It just keeps loading if i try to power on with the disc inside. If i insert the disc at the Dashboard it reads for a second and then displays open tray. Checked the disc again, it is pristine. Not a single mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910798

Xbox 360: Console behaves as if no disc is present in the drive (disc is inserted, but does not load)

Not sure if that'll help you - their support website was next to useless when I burnt out my video card...