Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Who Do You Fear on Party?

Carlos, what do you think of the other names that have been mentioned? Thanks as usual for your input.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:09 PM

Hi BeerMoney,

Given the low rake, I think you could have 7 winning players, as long as you've got a someone who is too loose in this low ante game. There are many times when there is no such fish, and the low ante makes the game very dull, and less profitable than most of the 10/20 tables. I personally don't enjoy playing against 7 good players in a low ante game, but stick those same players in Stars 30-60, $5 ante game and you got a interesting, complex, and much more profitable (but higher varience) game.

Regards,
Carlos
Old 03-30-2005, 03:11 PM

how many of those names play higher than 5/10?
Old 03-30-2005, 03:20 PM

Hi BeerMoney,

I recognize most of them as solid players. Here are some of my notes on LittleMoon, who I consider a solid winner. As you can see even solid winners will do stupid things like call on 5th with gutshot str8 draws (althought if you have several overcards this can be correct). The formatting is kind of bad, and I use a lot of abbreviation...but if they are helpful, I can post some notes on others)

LittleMoon~
won't fold split mid pair v obv reraise from BWP, calls 2 river, but will fold complete bluff if RR
RR 7 w/ JAQo
R on 4th 2 eliminate
RR from BI w/ split 4s v probable steal, C to R w/ no improvement
will continue on 5th w/ a gut shot
Limp w/ split As bets them to 6th 3 way, C R, maybe ks?gives up Bluff w/ A DC on 4th
3 bets w/ split Ks after R & RR from J and Q
can LF or RF on 3rd
R and 3 bet w/ WQs v RR from BI (prob WBP)

Regards,
Carlos
Old 03-30-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Percy is definitely solid...but nothing amazing. He has got to be tight because he always plays 4 tables at once. I have trouble beliving that he is much of a thinker, because he spend a ton of time jsut chatting it up with the regulars (nothing wrong with that...I chat occasionally) about how well he is runnning and how his sports betting is going, while sitting in at 4 tables, so his play is rather straight forward (which is fine since that is what usuallty gets the money anyway).

-Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Although I don't play 20-40 often, I believe Percy is the best 20-40 player. I don't know best as in most money won, but he plays a very Tight Game. Creativity may be lacking but he plays straight up and very strong.
I know you said not to name fishes or anything, but I noticed a few months ago, Nappori has blocked himself on the Buddy List. You can't see where he's playing anymore, but it's okay. Like you said, the stud community is small...it's not that hard to find him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually forgot to include Percy on my original list. He definitely would have been on there but his name somehow slipped my mind. While he is a soild player he is definitely not the best 20-40 player. To be honest I'm suprised you both classified him as being very tight. I've played a ton with him and never really though so. Percy will complete with a wide variety of hands including three flushes and straits on third as well as pocket underpairs. Its not like he always has what he rep's.

And Carlos is right, you will never meet someone who chats as much as that guy. In the football season all you will hear at the table is how he is making a ton of money betting on his team, The Patriots. In the offseason any topic you can think of. I just feel really bad for his students who have to listen to his ramble (hes an English teacher). Percy has told me before how he plays 75-150 every weekend at foxwoods and beats the game so obviously hes soild, although he would not disclose his winrate in it when I asked him.

Mike Emery
Old 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the football season all you will hear at the table is how he is making a ton of money betting on his team, The Patriots .

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty smart to me.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:09 PM

OK...since I didn't make this list maybe I have a shot at the biggest fish list?

One can only hope.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK...since I didn't make this list maybe I have a shot at the biggest fish list?

One can only hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you have to realize that as a solid player, you are more than likely flying under the radar. Also, you may not have played against that many people who play on here. If you're playing 3/6, there are probably only 8-10 of us who play there, 6-8 who play 5/10,, etc..

I am not really tracking the solid players, so much as the fish. The ones who I run into a lot, and I don't get any money from, are ones I mentioned.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM

I fear myself because Im my own worst enemy. a table filled with these guys coundnt hurt me nearly as bad as I could hurt myself.

timmer
Old 03-31-2005, 12:09 AM

Mike,

I stand corrected...it seems my notes, copied below, are better than my memory. As you can see, he is a lot looser and trickier than I gave him credit for in my first post. I think that some of these moves, like open raising with split 8s and a Q kicker when there are 2 overcards behind are more appropriate in a higher ante game than in 10/20 and especially in the $5 bring in 20/40 game.

percy6~
agro w/ drawing hands
bets mid pairs until 6th HU
OR w/ wiredAs but then no 3 bet after BI RR, waits till 5th
reads well
will OR w/ split 8s Q kick in EP when J and T behind
can't RaiseFold w/ split 6s dead A kick v RR by dead Q
seen me pause before betting w/ made F on 6th and Riv
will CR on Riv v probable trips or flush w/ AK high Flush
TA, plays 75-150, multi tables
won't make tough folds even if he's pretty sure that he is beat

Regards,