Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: AQ

I usually c-bet the flop, but I'll play it this way fairly often, too. I have no doubt that my bets are -EV in the immediate sense, but routinely c-betting AQ here (plus raising all sorts of ill sh*t from UTG) is probably a good part of why I constantly get called down on these boards when I do have the goods. By solid players, I mean--the donks will call down regardless.

I'm not quite as sold on the turn raise. Reverse domination is a worry (hell, SB is unknown so AK isn't out of the realm of the possible), the pot sits at 6 BBs when the action gets to you, and your raise really isn't driving out any draws that you're worried about. Riku's worries about why SB would bet into us when our hand looks so much like AK also occur to me. This is one of those cases where I'll typically just call the turn bet, hoping for overcalls from weaker made hands to help make up for the times when SB's got me crushed. I'm obviously calling 1 again when/if it comes on the river, although I might pop it if the river is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 AM

Nice flop check.

I raise the turn on a draw-heavy board with two players left to act.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 AM

The thing I worry about is, if one or both the players behind me call on the turn and SB leads again on the river, there are many river cards that will put us in a tricky spot.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing I worry about is, if one or both the players behind me call on the turn and SB leads again on the river, there are many river cards that will put us in a tricky spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm putting in 1 and exactly 1 bet on the river. Again, maybe unless it's the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 AM

I raise.. and probably fold to a three bet, or I'd call the turn three bet and fold river UI i guess.

btw imo it's a pretty big leak to be c-betting air into 5 way pots, timovie. even 4 way pots It's usually bad
Old 11-08-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw imo it's a pretty big leak to be c-betting air into 5 way pots, timovie. even 4 way pots It's usually bad

[/ QUOTE ]
Duly noted, and already inserted in my basic strategy.
Improving my game and fixing my leaks is why I'm here...
For which I thank Thee all... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is unknown.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
he must realize i hold at least an A here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

and yeah you need to raise this turn
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is unknown.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

[/ QUOTE ]

while you may not know much about sb or any other play in particular, i think you could tell us something about how the table is playing in general...it takes me only about 4 or 5 hands to get an impression...could you please add that information in future posts?

stuff like:

is the table playing tight passive preflop? or loose? on average how many people see the flop and for how many bet? are hands usually completed at showdown with one or two or more in? or are the hands ending by the turn or earlier? much action post flop?

thanks for posting your hand and reading this request.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise.. and probably fold to a three bet, or I'd call the turn three bet and fold river UI i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think u have to at least call this turn raise cus you can have some hidden outs very often.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:50 AM

:grunch:

I think you're giving SB too much credit for hand-reading ability. Raise it up.