Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Best 10-25 NL Player at Borgata?

there is also a guy they call 'shallow'

he has been killing 5/10 NL (after switching from 100/200 limit), they say he has taken a few shots at 10/25 and has done well. maybe look for this 'shallow' in the near future
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 AM

Boris? Give me a break.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Okay, here it is: Lehigh Mike is a jerk disguised as a quiet guy; his game has improved lately: you used to be able to bluff him off a hand too easily; he's still easy to read. Wayne is an extremely nice guy, solid but hardly someone to be feared; likes small cards too much. Boris is a tricky guy but way too loose and you can put him on tilt; I can't believe anyone would put Rocco on the list: he's very solid but equally predictable (never seen him angle-shoot but I guess I must have missed it seeing all the other posts; I kind of like the guy, despite the pinky rings); Troy gets my vote: very hard to read, analytical, selectively aggressive, imperturbable. Lenny is very good too but he can tilt. Very nice guy despite the forbidding appearance.

Did I miss somebody?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:16 PM

I played 5-10 with Rocco the other night. He was nice at times, but a huge A-hole other times. He would flop [censored] at times, very weird.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's exactly the kind of guy who would look like a Rocco - wrinkled face, slicked back grayish hair. Probably in his early to late 60s. He's a solid player from what I've seen at 5/10, but I've also really only seen him play his own cards - that kind of style just can't make him one of the biggest winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure ive played him 2/5 before. Same description, same name.... he is terrible and only plays his cards, and not well either(unless he was just [censored] around?). I didnt think he was all that good.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 PM

In my limited experience at borgata there is no action, and 99.9% of the players are extremely nitty including the regs.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still would put Boris and Wayne in the top five. Who else would you put in the top five.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many excellent players @ the Borgata high stakes game. Boris isn't one of them (too loose). And Wayne, are you talking about Queens Wayne? Black fellow? I've got a lot of love for Wayne but he doesn't make the list either (untiltable but too str8 forward).