Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Is Phil lying about his mega-money off the table?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was saying 100mil net worth btw. Not per year

[/ QUOTE ]
He has at least 10 mil, maybe 20 mil but nowhere near 100 mil you must be crazy. Still, 10 or 20 mill is enough to take care of phil's family and any family unless you are latrell sprewell.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he takes ~10% of his NET worth to the big game, not just his poker bank roll but his whole net worth??? He's a jackass but he's smarter than that. You can hate the guy, just as I do, but he is making bank

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth plays in the big game? I admit that I don't really follow who plays there but are you sure he does? And even if he does have you heard of staking?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can laugh at wikipedia but the only thing that would be in dispute in this case is if he really does own 10%. Its a fact it sold for 4.2 billion. which 10% of is 420 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm literally in stiches at some of you believing that he makes $400M. Check out his bio that the wiki entry links to:

"Phil has estimated that he can make $400 million a year off the poker table."

He estimated he can make this. LOL. I estimate I could could fly to the moon but I doubt either will happen.

Whaaaaat?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 AM

hes not a regular at the big game but he plays in it on occasion. As for 400 mill / year....he's dumber than jackass i guess
Old 08-24-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can laugh at wikipedia but the only thing that would be in dispute in this case is if he really does own 10%. Its a fact it sold for 4.2 billion. which 10% of is 420 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm literally in stiches at some of you believing that he makes $400M. Check out his bio that the wiki entry links to:

He estimated he can make this. LOL. I estimate I could could fly to the moon but I doubt either will happen.

Whaaaaat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, as far as I know he said that he COULD make about 400 mill off the poker table.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaaaat?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that wikie entry is wrong. If not mistaken Phil said that he thinks he will be the first to make 100 mill from poker (and what I mean is all his ventures involving poker including advertising deals etc)
Old 08-24-2007, 05:15 PM

forbes estimated 50 cent will get about 100 mil from the sale of vitamin water if the sale goes through

there might be anti trust issues involved