Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 AM

Default $100nl KQs... I think I messed up...

I think I might have chosen the wrong action at every opportunity in this hand... Eh?

Villain: 37/14/3.75 over ~30 hands

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $113.65
UTG+1: $89.55
CO: $92
Button: $46.15
SB: $191.85
Hero: $110.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $27</font>.

[I was just about to click the "submit" button, looking over the post one last time, and I thought "why am I such an idiot?".... Just wanted to share.]
Old 08-29-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: $100nl KQs... I think I messed up...

i like a flop c/r better than the turn c/r, but i don't like either that much. just call the turn. pf is whatever, but you've got to be ready to try to win some pots if you're making this call pf and playing this hand oop.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:42 AM

Yeah, it' kinda uggly. Pf is a fold or a marginal call I guess. You can't 3-bet this guy, espescially not with his stack size. At the flop it's not much you can do against a random donk, just c/f. After you elected to do a bad call just c/c at the turn as Evan said.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 AM

PF is fine - so is a 3bet occasionally
Dont like the flop - I think a donk or c/r is better. Since he is so aggro he will be cbetting a lot so I prob cr there.
c/c the turn since I cant see much calling your c/r
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 AM

Yeah, the hand is pretty terrible, but everyone misplays hand badly.

If you are going to continue w/ this hand on the flop, then you should check raise. Button is going to have air or a very marginal holding on the flop almost always, and his hand will not be able to withstand much pressure. It's very likely that he will fold to a check raise. Doing this gets a better hand to fold.

The turn check raise is bad because no better hands will fold, and many worse hands will. A turn check raise looks very strong, and you are just setting yourself up for trouble when called. Just lead or check call depending on how strong you think villain is. If villain is strong, then I would be more inclined to check call because he will likely continue the betting for you. If you think he is weak, then I would be more inclined to lead because he will often check behind (if he is so weak that you think he will fold to a turn lead, then check and look to lead river).