Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Straddle?

Not true---- A dead straddle does have that option in I will say SOME not all rooms here.
Also, some rooms allow a straddle any place on the table.

SO, it does DEPEND.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We had one guy who kept straddling and then after everyone called around to him, he'd raise. He did it every single time that I saw him straddle.

[/ QUOTE ]
What a wonderful time to limp in and re-raise.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 PM

An interesting thing that I came across while searching this on the web is about reaching the limit of straddles. Something like: the player UTG can straddle the blind making it 2bets; the next player to act can make it 3bets, etc, until the limit is reached.

I guess it may truly be room dependent, because the next question surely should be: what's the limit? How much will it be to see a flop?

I could understand that it's easy to say, ok, if one person straddles, there's still a 3 raise limit. But once someone else restraddles, killing the intial straddle, those then count as 2 of the max allowed raises preflop.

I suppose in a way, you could just pick up the guys that want to straddle and restraddle by the shirt-collar, plop then onto a different table and just up the limit, since they obviously aren't happy with the limit they're playing LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We had one guy who kept straddling and then after everyone called around to him, he'd raise. He did it every single time that I saw him straddle.

[/ QUOTE ]
What a wonderful time to limp in and re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you want that, even with AA. Unless you don't mind the variance.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:39 PM

I know when we've played at the Wynn, the straddle was live, and the cap was 6 bets.

"We had one guy who kept straddling and then after everyone called around to him, he'd raise. He did it every single time that I saw him straddle."

This just means this person was not raised by wolves.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM

people straddle and don't raise? at 4/8????
Old 05-04-2007, 01:04 PM

The way a live straddle is played at the CAZ is that the UTG can blind raise before cards are delt. If called the straddler has the option of raising as last action and the total number of allowed raises is increased from 3 to 4.

It is not unusual to have a round of live straddles if the table agrees. It can really spice up a flat game and it is always nice to put some table preasure on the winning nits to go along.

Wally
Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way a live straddle is played at the CAZ is that the UTG can blind raise before cards are delt. If called the straddler has the option of raising as last action and the total number of allowed raises is increased from 3 to 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the way straddles are played everywhere they are allowed, CAZ is not different.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An interesting thing that I came across while searching this on the web is about reaching the limit of straddles. Something like: the player UTG can straddle the blind making it 2bets; the next player to act can make it 3bets, etc, until the limit is reached.

I guess it may truly be room dependent, because the next question surely should be: what's the limit? How much will it be to see a flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only played in two situations where the games was straddled to the capacity. Taj in AC but the straddles were really blind raises, so you could keep going until the cows came home; and Wynn - where the live straddle is 4 ways plus one raise.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thats the way straddles are played everywhere they are allowed, CAZ is not different.

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't raise the cap in WA. mainly because it's illegal.