Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding Kobe's "selfish" performance last night, TrueHoop had some great comments about the situation:

[ QUOTE ]

To try to get an idea of how Kobe’s seeing his teammates, let’s examine how (his fourth quarter) passes turned out.

•Five passes to Luke Walton. Four times it comes back to Bryant, one time Walton gets fouled.
•Two passes to Jordan Farmar, leading to two missed jumpers by other players.
•Twice to Ronny Turiaf. One time it comes back, the other time it’s a missed jumper.
•Once to Maurice Evans, who passes it right back.
•Once time to Andrew Bynum, who passes it back.
•Once to Derek Fisher for the game-tying basket.

After considering how productive Bryant was on his own, and how little came out of his passes, one could make the argument that in his head, most of his teammates were not worth passing to with the game on the line.

In almost every case — before that pass to Fisher — Bryant ends up seeing a missed jumper or getting the ball back anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm not saying Kobe wasn't forcing it a lot, but it didn't seem like he had many options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch the game? Notice when Kobe's actually passing the ball. Usually when he gets the ball on the wing, attempts to get into the line as 2-3 defenders collapse, he is forced to retreat and pass.

Guess what? His teammates REALLY aren't going to be able to do much of anything when they get the ball like that. Yet when they actually get the ball from Kobe in the flow of the offense, they actually manage to shoot well and be efficient and the Lakers win more. COINCIDENCE?

DUN DUN DUN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did watch the game as a matter of fact. Now please tell me what his teammates can do in a half-court set other than catch and shoot/finish? Nobody can penetrate and nobody really has moves in the low post. So if the offense isn't flowing smoothly, their best option really is for Kobe to attack. I wish he had the ability to see the double team earlier and pass out of it, but he's pretty awful at switching mindsets from scorer to facilitator.

Again, I'm not claiming that he doesn't force a ton of shots. But don't act like the Lakers would be better if he didn't. In a given game he often gives them the best chance to win by ballhogging it like that. I'm more worried about the fact that continually playing like that reinforces bad habits and stagnant offense from the rest of the team.

If the offense is running smoothly and people are hitting their shots, everything is fine. But when that's not the case, it can be a better option to just let him go to work. Did you even notice how they made that furious comeback? They were down 12, Kobe goes off, and they are within striking distance in less than a minute.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:39 PM

Still 48-72 hours for a deal to happen.

- Kings, Lakers, Bulls discussed numerous deals.
- Kobe is in charge of this. After every trades are discussed Kobe is shown and approved first. His involvement goes beyond that.... Kirk Hinrich's name has been discussed the most.
- Bryant knows that Hinrich dominates the ball more than Deng and Gordon. He over dribbles, and has it the longest on the shot clock.
- Bulls are willing to trade Deng, Bryant says no. NO UNTOUCHABLES
- Kobe thinks Deng is the ideal fit, and doesn't really want to play with Hinrich.
- This deal is complicated because of the third team.
- BB heard that one deal had one player (Bibby) going to the Lakers and then immediately going to the Cavs.
- The time of the Nets game was also an issue. Until Pax says this deal is over, it's still active.
- This trade is paralyzing a lot of the NBA, since so many are trying to get involved or are concerned about their opponents stronger.
- Paxson doesn't want this to linger.
- LA sells sizzle. Magic is saying they're going to steal all of our best players and Kobe will be stuck in the same situation (hell veto power?).
- Kobe wants to be on this squad under his terms.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM

Wow if a deal goes down Kirk is about to get ship ship mcgipped
Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Paxson jut said "a deal is happening in the immediate future" gg for now
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM

Kobe is such a joke. This is pissing me off. Wow.

THIS. IS. WHY. YOU. NEVER. EVEEEEEEEEEEEEER. GIVE. ANY. PLAYER. A. NO. TRADE. CLAUSE. JESUS CHRIST. WTF?!?!?!?!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM

"Not a deal done, Not going to be a deal done"

Exact quote. Paxson
Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Exact quote. Paxson

[/ QUOTE ]

How close together were these quotes?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Man is this a miserable fourm. Did any of you read my response to Assani? I write out a thoughful reply as to why KG or another big many would be far superior to Kobe. Instead of debating my points I get more drive by one liners. Making Thabo jokes is lame. I already said I'd trade anyone on my roster for KG, but not for Kobe. Get it through your head that when I say untouchable I mean for KOBE. You guys want him, fine I don't. I prefer another direction. And I have yet to see anyone display even an ounce of Bulls knowledge. I mean Assani's last post was thrashed by both Vyse and I. If no one responds then I'm assuming you all agree with us.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Exact quote. Paxson

[/ QUOTE ]

How close together were these quotes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I paraphrased the first one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] second one is a direct quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:26 PM

Why are we still talking about KG and Gasol? Both those opportunities were missed. They are 100% not getting KG, and it looks like Memphis is building around/keeping Gasol. You keep talking about prefering other options, when there really isn't a lot out there.

Its also important to note that the Bulls are willing to give up more (according to reports) than what they offered/talked about in regards to Gasol and KG. So it seems as if the Bulls regard Kobe as a better fit than the before mentioned players.