Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Worst acts of banroll management you have ever seen....

putting 1k to win on Dylan Thomas in the Breeders Cup was pretty stupid as well
Old 11-04-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I had ran up a 500 dollar deposit into over 5k in less than a week on pokerstars.

Sat down at a 50/100 limit hold em table with neverwin and chris moneymaker. I'm dealt JJ UTG I raise, moneymaker pumps it and I cap. Flop is Jxx all hearts, I raise money caps. turn is another meaningless card raise and cap again. River is 4th heart check and make crying call. Moneymaker had 10 four in his hand, 10 was a heart. I nearly destroyed my laptop at that point. Although I did make a sick call with jack high against neverwin to take it down, other than that he got me back when my AA was cracked when he called me down with 66 to the river to hit his set. I think I donked off the rest of my bankroll playing 10/20 stud

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not on tilt after reading that.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 AM

Well this may not be the worst act of bankroll management , but it is the funniest reaction to busting a roll. This is condensed.

Dealer: Ccour has a flush, Ace high
Dealer: cwsports10 has two pair, Eights and Sevens
Dealer: Game #11817967252: Ccour wins pot ($332.90) with a flush, Ace high
cwsports10: wow
cwsports10: \bs
cwsports10: bs
cwsports10: runner runner
cwsports10: every time
cwsports10: bull ****
cwsports10: always happens to me
cwsports10: bs runner runner
cwsports10: so f ucki ng lucky
cwsports10: so ****i ng lucky
Ccour: lol
cwsports10: so f uc king lyucky
cwsports10: so ** uckling to lucky
cwsports10: so fuu cking lucky that suckls
Ccour: sorry dude
cwsports10: so bs
cwsports10: runner runner alway the man that is behide wins here
cwsports10: why
cwsports10: poker stars
cwsports10: why is the behide always wins here
cwsports10: why
cwsports10: pleasse poker stars tell me please
cwsports10: \what is the odd of a runner runner please tell me
cwsports10: 6 handed
cwsports10: spade
cwsports10: someone [please help me and tell what is the odds of a runner runner spade 6 handed is
cwsports10: please help me
cwsports10: please tell me someone
cwsports10: how did you call my rasie after the flop
cwsports10: no way you thought you was ahead
Ccour: didn't believe it hit you
cwsports10: how did you call me after the flop
cwsports10: what is the odds og a runner runner spaes
cwsports10: spade
cwsports10: do you know
Peakie: what are the odds of you leaving
cwsports10: never
cwsports10: until you tell me what the odds are
Ccour: 2-1
cwsports10: lol
fightingnuns: 3%
Peakie: who took all of cws money?
Ccour: me
cwsports10 [observer]: ccour with a runner fluch
cwsports10 [observer]: flush
Peakie: nice
cwsports10 [observer]: b itch
Ccour: lol
fightingnuns: guess it was your whole bankroll? sucks
cwsports10 [observer]: yes it was with a runner runner flush 3% chance to hit that here
Peakie: you have to realize your playing on poker stars
cwsports10 [observer]: i gues the odds at ps are not that
Peakie: that happens all the time
fightingnuns: or realize that all the money went in when you were behind
fightingnuns: and that you suck
fightingnuns: either one
Peakie: ha
Peakie: i didnt know that, that would do it too
cwsports10 [observer]: always was ahead
cwsports10 [observer]: besides the river that hit
fightingnuns: until the money went in.. good job
Peakie: yessss
cwsports10 [observer]: does it happen here mor often then the live tables
Peakie: no you just see more hands here than live table
cwsports10 [observer]: later i suck
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 AM

I staked good2cu in a 40k sng (only half of it), and the next day I had a 70k ds in flipping, played 2 tables of 200-400 when notiama was sitting with only 85k in my FTP account made around 40k, I then played a 8k sng having never played one before and won it to end the trip around even.

This was a degenerate 2 day period
Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 AM

The guy lives in the appartment of a friend, but the friend has quit the city without to pay the current month, & the guy has to quit the appartment as well. He has no money to his name, no car, no roof. Only things he own are a garbage bag full of his clothes, & 3$ in his pokerstars'account.

Someone accept to lodge him almost by charity. The 1st day, he log on his PokerStars account, with the 3$, & play 25c-50c limit'HE. He brings it to 20$, & transfer it for cash. Then he goes in a bar & take a 10$'meal, & put his last 10$ in a video-poker machine. Then he bring that 10$ to 200$.

So U think he lost all that 200$ in gambling ? ....no, he did worse: he pays drinks to everyone in the bar untill he has no money & it's like 4h00pm, & he doesn't know anyone in the bar.

-jpp
Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Someone find that one thread where some guy somehow robustoed a 60,000 roll and was killing the high stakes pros, by being a huge donk. He was going on ridiculous swings.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 AM

nlburns about 6 months ago?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone find that one thread where some guy somehow robustoed a 60,000 roll and was killing the high stakes pros, by being a huge donk. He was going on ridiculous swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two days in the life of Bluescouse:

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 £40/£80 then $250/$500

i played 2 tables of £40/£80 buying in for £3200 on each, then another 2 more buyins for £12,800 total. i made some very profitable bluffs as well as turning a full house against my opponents straight and straight flush draw (would have been royal draw also expect i had the A of that suit) and took that £20k or so pot. at one point i was up around £20k but a serious of bad bluffs and not passing against a set when i defo should have, meant i finished the session £300 down. i was pretty tilted and put my entire crypto roll on £100/£200 (£19,700). no-one came though for the first few minutes. so i opened up betfair and put my entire betfair roll $45k on $250/$500. i couldn't afford to lose both if i wanted to get the house i'm looking at so whichever table started first i would close the other.

a player on betfair joins me after awhile so i close down crypto. he buys in for $50k. first hand i raise pre and he calls. i bet flop and he check raises me. i call him down on flop turn and river when he pushes with K high and my top pair which i made on the turn was good for a $90k pot. he still has a few $k left over from the $50k and that goes shortly. he buys back for $20k and a couple of hands later i re-raise to $4500 pre with ak and he calls. the flop comes 6810. not a great flop but i commit myself by betting $7k/$8k of his $14k and change (pot $9k). he moves in instantly. i call. turn Q river A. he shows Q9 and i win the $38k pot. he leaves. i almost went back to £100/£200 as there was a player waiting but before i decided to go back he sat out and then left. +£35k for that betfair session.

since i'm trying to keep most of my roll safe for the new house my roll is just £64k. if i do bust off that £64k i'll still get the house hopefully as i'm keeping 4 months of bills/interest re-payments safe.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 BUST

i managed to blow £64k tonight, £50k on crypto £100/£200 and £14k on betfair $250/$500. therefore the money i set aside as my roll has all gone. i can easily muster up a few hundred or maybe a couple of thousand but it's gonna be a big knock down to my confidence and happiness playing £10/£20 and lower.

i should mention a few pots but i don't feel overly enthuastic. there was one decent pot. i think it was £52k and my final hand on the crypto table. i had K6o and called a £600 raise from the button. the flop came K10x with 2 diamonds. i check called a £1000 bet. the turn was the 6d. he bet £3200 into the pot of £3298. i made it £9000 and he quickly called. the river was a 9 not a diamond. completing the QJ straight if he had that. i pushed in for whatever i had left, £15k maybe and he called with 97d for the flush. i still fully intend on getting the house. i'm disappointed of course atm but i don't feel terrible, i knew this was a possibility and i've got ages to build back up again.

http://88percent.blogspot.com/
Old 11-05-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finbop?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=8
Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

Finbop?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=8

[/ QUOTE ]