Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Default stars 1/2 - straight out of position - check raise or bet out?

The raiser is a terrible player, 88% vpip and high raise %, so i assume he could have anything. MP1 is 47% vpip 4% pf raise 1.00 AF. The fact that he bet the flop and turn tells me he definately has an ace.

I'm certainly not folding, and i think my play was good as it stands. I thought that MP1 might raise an ace so i could reraise. I'm wondering if a better play might be check representing some busted 2 pair and hope mp1 bets so i could trap both for 1 more bet.

The danger of course is his AF is only 1.00, so he may just check behind with trips. MP2 is horrible, but not particulary aggressive so i assume he would check behind.

Give these stats, do u just bet out or go for cr>
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>
Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: stars 1/2 - straight out of position - check raise or bet out?

dont slowplay the flop pls
Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Is preflop debatable? Even though raiser is horrible and light, we've still got 5 high here with only 3 going to the flop. Even though we're suited, I think I just fold and wait for a better hand.

Flop I lead out and hopefully trap MP1 in a raising war with MP2. An A can already kill our turn action, as could another diamond; I try to get as much money as possible in right now.

Turn, as played, I think I go with the checkraise too.

River I don't think there is any need to get fancy. I just lead and hope an A reraises so I can raise again. I kinda doesn't look like MP2 has an A (perhaps a diamond draw?) so I doubt you're gonna trap him for more bets anyways.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is preflop debatable? Even though raiser is horrible and light, we've still got 5 high here with only 3 going to the flop. Even though we're suited, I think I just fold and wait for a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i defend here with anything suited or connected (offsuit has to be 56o or better) fwiw
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i defend here with anything suited or connected (offsuit has to be 56o or better) fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this depend on B&amp;M vs Internet as well as stakes? That is, is defending here at 2/4 with $5 rake/tip/jackpot worthwhile?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That is, is defending here at 2/4 with $5 rake/tip/jackpot worthwhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

with that rake, no. at least not with the any two suited or stuff like 56o, imo. i think id still play 54s.

pstars 1/2 rake is less.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Pf is fine. You are getting over 5:1 with a suited connector.

Slow-playing a flopped straight is rarely a good idea.

As you played, I lead the river and hope to 3-bet.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM

* grunch *

Flop:
Donk it or c/r and and in either instance hope the aggro and loose MP2 bets or raises. Get as many bets in on the flop as possible. And continue to bet on the turn.

A) VALUE: they are loose, they'll call with just about anything - but they cannot give you their money if you don't bet.

B) BUILD THE POT: pump the pot so that they have even more reason to hang in there with their dead hands,

C) ACE WILL GIVE YOU ACTION: given how loose these guys are they'll probably give you good action with an Ace.

D) Protection: either folding wouldn't be a catastrophe. At least you must charge the draws with your huge equity edge here.

Turn:
As played a c/r is good.

River:
Bet - 3bet and call the potential cap.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:59 PM

C/R the flop and go from there.

I'd get ready to jam.

Not betting the river would be criminal. 3-bet and call a cap if raised.

FWIW, I can see you bet since your name is red on the river.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C/R the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we attempt to check/raise this flop? First, with raisers wide range of raising hands there's a good chance he's whiffed this flop and will let it check thru. Second, why do we want to face MP1 with 2 cold and potentially blow him out of the pot?