Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Stud Action in Vegas

Im looking for Stud/Stud8/Razz games in the 10/20 to 30/60 range that run somewhat regularly, thanks! Mixed games in this range are fine too.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Stud Action in Vegas

bellagio has a very lively 20/40 stud game.

lively mixed games as well around those limits IIRC...
Old 11-05-2007, 09:20 PM

Are the mixed games HORSE or HOSE?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM

There is one stud game in town 20/40 Bellagio. It features indirect collusion due to the fact that 6 of the players know each other. Coming to vegas for a stud vacation is like going to the Bahamas for a ski trip.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is one stud game in town 20/40 Bellagio. It features indirect collusion due to the fact that 6 of the players know each other. Coming to vegas for a stud vacation is like going to the Bahamas for a ski trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Its essentially a locals game, but as everyone knows generally the locals suck at poker.

the 40/80 mix at Bellagio is generally 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi, and Stud 8 now a days. Sometimes Omaha * or Stud high-low without a qualifier is included.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Its essentially a locals game, but as everyone knows generally the locals suck at poker.

the 40/80 mix at Bellagio is generally 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi, and Stud 8 now a days. Sometimes Omaha * or Stud high-low without a qualifier is included.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going by what the midlimit floor man explained to me after I gave him a tip. He also said they will at times get one to two business men that are not that great. The regulars are waiting for the business men. I would think for only one stud table with a long waiting list at times cause of regulars in all of Las vegas that there are much better spots in this country. One last note, there is a low limit 1-5 no ante game at mirage. The rest of stud games are not regular.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going by what the midlimit floor man explained to me after I gave him a tip. He also said they will at times get one to two business men that are not that great. The regulars are waiting for the business men. I would think for only one stud table with a long waiting list at times cause of regulars in all of Las vegas that there are much better spots in this country. One last note, there is a low limit 1-5 no ante game at mirage. The rest of stud games are not regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never met a floorman whose opinion I trust about the quality of a game, 9x out of 10 dealers and floor people are horrible players.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never met a floorman whose opinion I trust about the quality of a game, 9x out of 10 dealers and floor people are horrible players.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I had a feeling dealers were poor players, but now I know not to trust the floor people. I will watch the games myself before I decide to put my name on a list. What's funny about this is I have been asking the floor people for some time now and believing everything they have said.
Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 AM

I played the Bellagio game and beat those misable old colluding, diaper-wearing sneeze jackets like rented mules. It's a terrible game. I love playing stud now-and-then but Vegas is a stud desert.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 AM

oxymoron: using stud, action, and vegas all in the same sentence.

go to foxwoods.