FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Give back the 500??
Yes 9 4.74%
No 181 95.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Current Quarterback Controversies

As for mine:

Chiefs: Croyle. Chiefs are 30th in scoring offense. You have nothing to lose by putting Croyle in.

Bills: Edwards. I'm pretty sure Losman will get his job when he comes back from injury. But if the Bills want to have the best chance to win, they have to sacrifice loyalty to do it.

Jets: Clemens. Pennington's recent ankle injury and weak arm has really limited the range of the Jets offense. Clemens forces defenses to defend the long ball and adds another dimension to their defense.

Raiders: Culpepper. Now that he's got his foot in the door, he should be the full-time starter. McCown was merely a holdover.

Falcons: Harrington. Harrington hasn't done as bad as a lot of people say. Keep in mind that he was basically thrown into the spot because Vick is an idiot. The offense was completely designed around Vick and now Petrino had to redesign the entire offense for Joey Harrington. Leftwich hasn't played much yet, but should sit on the pine for the time being.

Vikings: Jackson. I have no faith in him, but at least he has an upside and can actually improve over time.

Saints: Brees. He's playing horribly, but I don't think you can blame him entirely. He has no o-line at all.

Colts: Sorgi. Manning is way past his prime. Tony Dungy has to start looking towards the future and bench Manning for Sorgi.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 AM

Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chiefs: Croyle. They're going nowhere, might as well start the youngster.

Jets: Pennington, unless they seriously think Clemens could be the future.

Vikings: Holcomb, unless they seriously think Tavaris could be the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense. DUCY?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:52 AM

there can't really be a qb controversy in no

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chiefs: Croyle. They're going nowhere, might as well start the youngster.

Jets: Pennington, unless they seriously think Clemens could be the future.

Vikings: Holcomb, unless they seriously think Tavaris could be the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it does, it just assumes that the latter 2 young qb's have little potential
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 AM

Wrong on Jets, because Pennington is actually good.

The Vikings actually have a shot still to do something.

Not only does Damon Huard suck, the chiefs are dead.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 AM

In every instance IF the younger player is ready in the opinion of the coaching staff AND their current starter is not the QB of the forseeable future (re: this yr and next) they should make the switch.

I think Pennington should be the starter only because I don't know why he's not the man there. Shouldn't be a controversy but maybe I am not up to speed on the Jets.

In Kansas City you could go either way, but the team is still in the playoff hunt (lol no really) and should start the person who gives them best chance to win. Mostly because Croyle isn't franchise material, or prob not.

Buffalo should stick with Edwards most likely. For a rookie through two starts he looks pretty good. Like, he *looks* like a QB if that makes sense. Real potential for franchise player here. Losman probably not at this point but still has room to improve, I think his ceiling isn't too high though.

Atlanta it doesn't matter. Harrington played well two games. He's not good though. We all know this. There are maybe some people still with hope. I don't know why. They haven't seen him play enough. Period. Leftwich needs more time in the offense, and certainly should get playing time at some point. This week or next. You need to find out if he can hold the offense before the draft. Harrington is not the guy, he's not supposed to be.

Tavaris Jackson is god awful but the Vikings have to keep playing him and fire Childress if he fails,lol. Holcomb is a journyman. There is maybe 5-10% chance Jackson develops into solid player. 0% chance Holcomb becomes a star.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 AM

What was the deal w/ Chad Pennington's god awful throw when he lobbed it up into double coverage in the endzone and was intercepted by Aaron Ross? That was really really terrible.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Leftwich missed way more than one pass

And he super-compounded the Hayneworth play by desperately tossing the ball backwards in a live ball situation.

He was 100% god-[censored]-awful
Old 10-09-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leftwich missed way more than one pass

And he super-compounded the Hayneworth play by desperately tossing the ball backwards in a live ball situation.

He was 100% god-[censored]-awful

[/ QUOTE ]I don't disagree but he just got there. How often does a backup look good in the middle/end of a game when it's unlikely, based on Harrington playing well two weeks in a row, that they are going to play? Usually much better when they get the practice reps and game plan is designed for them. But he just got there so they had no business in dressing him. That part was retarded. Leftwich looked no worse than Harrington during the game. Do you remember how visibly shaken Harrington was at the end? They couldn't move the ball all day. Special teams played ridiculous and Vince Young tried to lose the game. Atlanta just got straight owned by the Titans defense who have looked kind of sick every week now. Even against the Colts I thought the Titans played well.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Who cares about senior-league football? Let's talk SRS BSNS: