Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Do you think you\'re the best?

Once you realize that you have alot to learn, you're probably pretty good. It's the guys who think their already there that have a ways to go.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm always confident that I am one of the top players when I sit at a table. A lot of times I am the best, sometimes I'm not. I don't need to be the best every time. You don't have to always be the best player at any table to make money. I like what Greenstein said some time ago about playing at tables with good players like himself. Something to the effect of that in his career, he didn't make his $ off of the better players at the table but taking advantage of the weaker ones. Why play against someone as good or better than you when you don't have to.

When I started playing live last year, 1st time, I sat at a 2/4 LHE table and was freaking out cause I thought I'd be the worst one there. I was one of the top ones at the table. Now when I play 3/6, same thing. 4/8, in the top 3 or better. Just made the jump and haven't yet played anything higher.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 AM

I know I'm better than average, but I also know I'm not the best. Usually, when I'm at a table with players who are better than me I will either move to a different table or, barring that, employ game theory. Also, don't tap the aquarium is possibly one of the better sayings at a poker table, but a discussion in a forum like this, which is probably rarely visited by fish, can be great help to the serious player and amateur alike.