Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Wells Fargo

I have unsuccessfully been looking for work for the last few months, mostly in the finance field. I spoke with a headhunter last week and she told me that Wells Fargo is entry-level friendly. I remember reading a few posts about people looking for jobs in finance, especially entry-level ones. Maybe this theread could generate some ideas. Below I have pasted the three jobs I applied for this morning. Highlights from my resume: bachelors degree in finance from a state school, several NASD and insurance licenses along with 1 years experience selling life insurnace at Prudential. I was hoping that some of the more experienced posters could comment on these jobs. Obviously my best shot is job #1 since it has the least amount of requirements. I think job #3 would be best; I read in the Economist a few weeks ago that CDOs are in high demand right now. Also for the applications I put $40k for minimum salary. I think I might go back and change that as I have a feeling these jobs might go as low as $30k.

Job #1
CTS - Securities Analyst - CRM (Securities Administration Services Analyst I)
Requisition Number:
Schedule Type:
Regular (30-40 hrs)
Shift:
First
Telecommute Option:
Not Indicated

Job Description
Through its Maryland offices, Wells Fargo Bank is The Premier Provider of Corporate Trust Services to the Mortgage Backed Securities Market. We are currently seeking a highly motivated dynamic individual to fill an Analyst 1 position in the Structured Products Group Collateral Risk Management Team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for processing routine transactions or reconcilements relating to loan or security transactions or payments. Duties may include: processing, logging, tracking, and reviewing transaction activity for propriety and adhering to established controls and procedures; providing correction information to servicers; monitoring of pooled loans to determine non-compliance; communication of information to internal customers; evaluate servicer performance to ensure compliance with stated agreements; interacting with other departments as needed. Research transactions as issues arise with loan funding, collateral, investor or bond payments (i.e. authorization matrices, legal documents, etc.) and communicate findings to supervisor for resolution. Requires supervision to resolve daily issues occurring in normal course of job requirements. Incumbents must maintain a working knowledge of their area of expertise, which may include Collateral, Securities Default, Trust Administration, mainframe production systems or bank software.
Minimum Qualifications
1 year experience.
Preferred Skills
Bachelors degree in finance or related field. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products (i.e. Excel, Access, Word).

Job #2
CTS - Securities Analyst - MBS (Securities Administration Services Analyst II)
Requisition Number:
Schedule Type:
Regular (30-40 hrs)
Shift:
First
Telecommute Option:
Not Indicated

Job Description
Through its Maryland offices, Wells Fargo Bank is The Premier Provider of Corporate Trust Services to the Mortgage Backed Securities Market. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to fill a Securities Administration Services Analyst 2 position. The successful candidate for this position will work independently or with team members and/or clients to resolve operational issues, ensure compliance with all contractual obligations, and ensure compliance with all internal operational guidelines and procedures.

The Securities Administration Services Analyst 2 will be responsible for processing moderately complex transactions or reconcilements relating to loan or security transactions or payments. Duties may include: processing, transmitting, and/or approving money movements associated with loan fundings or security payments; reconciling daily cash movements to system or bank activity; reviewing transaction activity for propriety and adhering to established controls and procedures; providing remittance and correction information to servicers; monitoring pooled loans to determine noncompliance; communicating information to investors; evaluating servicer performance to ensure compliance with stated agreements; interacting with other departments as needed. Researching and interpreting controlling documents as issues arise with loan fundings, collateral, investor or bond payments (i.e. authorization matrices, legal documents, etc). May independently resolve daily issues occurring in normal course of job requirements. Incumbents must maintain a working knowledge of their area of expertise, which may include Collateral, Securities, Default, Trust Administration, mainframe production systems or bank software.

Complete special projects as needed/assigned in a timely and efficient manner.

Submit resume online at www.wellsfargo.com/jobs.
Minimum Qualifications
At least 1 year of financial experience; mortgage banking or trust experience preferred.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Proven communication skills.
Excellent customer service skills.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access a plus.

Job #3
CTS - Securities Analyst - CDO (Securities Administration Services Analyst II)
Requisition Number:
Schedule Type:
Regular (30-40 hrs)
Shift:
First
Telecommute Option:
Not Indicated

Job Description
Wells Fargo has leveraged its dominant positions in the ABS, MBS, and CMBS markets to become a force in CDO administration. The group is proud of its success with premiere collateral managers and issuers. Our proprietary technology and world class customer service reputation sets us apart. The CDO Division has established itself as a solid player in CDO's and CLOs comprised of Credit Default Swaps, ABS, MBS, commercial real estate assets, REIT, High Yield, and Investment Grade debt. We also work on synthetic structures including bonds and balance sheet loans.

We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to fill an Analyst 2 position that will work in a department of 100 people along side other analysts, Client Service Consultants, and Client Service Managers

The incumbent will be responsible for processing moderately complex transactions or reconcilements relating to loan or security transactions or payments and calculating payments to investors. Perform Collateral Compliance Tests in accordance with series deal documents and department procedures. The analyst will be required to reconcile daily cash movements to system or bank activity. Research and interpret legal documents such as Indenture, Collateral Management Agreement, Trust Agreement, SWAP/CAP Agreements, Private Placement Memorandum and/or Prospectus Supplements. Ensure the reporting to investors remains in compliance with the requirements of the Indenture, Private Placement Memorandum, and investor-defined guidelines. The selected candidate will be responsible for processing moderately complex transactions or reconcilements relating to loan or security transactions or payments and calculating and transmitting payments to investors. There is some interaction with clients and other parties involved in CDO transactions.

Complete special projects as needed/assigned in a timely and efficient manner

Submit resume online at www.wellsfargo.com/jobs
Minimum Qualifications
1+ yrs. of financial experience. Strong oral, written and analytical skills; Good planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail; 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance or similar degree or equivalent work experience; Strong Excel and Access skills; Flexibility to overtime is needed; Ability to handle and accomplish multiple tasks effectively; A team player; Excellent Customer Service skills.
Preferred Skills
Experience in structuring, mutual fund accounting, financial mathematics, and/or reporting for securities or related backgrounds; Knowledge of mortgage securitization process, highly preferred; Advanced MS Access and Excel Skills; Experience with training and mentoring
Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Wells Fargo

As someone planning to major in finance at a state school, and hoping to work in finance once I graduate, I'm very interested in seeing how this works out.

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Thanks. I hope I get the chance to update.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 PM

How were your undergrad grades, etc?

Any plans to continue your education?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 PM

Not so hot. Undergrad GPA = 3.0. I'd like to take CFA I in December and maybe get my MBA a few years down the road.