Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

Saw a response I thought I would comment on:

[ QUOTE ]
HE KNOWS THESE PEOPLE. PERSONALLY. LIKE REAL LIFE LIKE. He knows they aren't bots

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he knows them in real-life rather than only online does not mean they are not using bots. This is a ridiculous statement. People that use bots are real people too; they just automate their play so they dont have to sit there and play themselves.

Carry on now...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are fine with mods disagreeing with my prejudgment

[/ QUOTE ]
??

I must have missed this.

[/ QUOTE ]

FHP

Several questions for OP in the hope that his answers will somehow justify the amount of time I've spent on this useless thread.

1) If Nations is demodded, how does this solve anything?

2) What proof do you have of anything? Fine your BS detector is off - I admit that I am not wholly convinced by the "sweatshop" explanation based on the extreme degree of similarity across a wide range of stats - but "lying" is more than making a factually incorrect statement, it is knowingly/intentionally making that statement.

3) Are we really in the business of sanctioning people for expressing unpopular opinions? Given the general tenor of this thread, I don't think OP would like the implications of that very much...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nation has been caught at least five times in lies, coverups or half-truths in that thread. Two of them were posted above.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where? Examples please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you replied to my post but you quoted another, I did say he lied/skewed the truth several times. A few posters have showed some quotes in the big thread where he did this. I spent a lot of time reading a majority of that thread and saw the same things a lot of others saw. It doesn't mean he is necessarily flat out lying, as I said I don't believe at this time anybody can make a good decision. His and the other "defenders" posts do not add up at this time, for whatever reason. If this was due to carelessness, an original fabrication that they decided to go back on and change to the truth or close to it, so be it, but something is amiss from the statements and avoidance of some of the repeated questions from posters.

Anyways, I think it's best to review the situation (if it is even needing a review) at a later time when everybody knows more about what really went on/is going on with those accounts. It still seems too early and murky IMO, especially when you're talking about removing modship for this.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when a guy in green posts anything serious in an important thread it carries somewhere between 10-100X the weight of a normal poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burno - if your belief was true, I would resign as a mod. I have no intention of misleading anyone by having my posts mean 10x more than the average user - I am not someone that should be idolized, and neither are any of the other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]
TT, it was nice knowing you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The night Party Poker closed, I tried to cash out in a panic, but there was a glitch and it didn't look like I'd get my money. I seriously considered not posting about it because I didn't want to feed the panic and as a Mod I knew that people would assign more weight to my post. I think the perception that Mods are more trustworthy than the average poster is reasonable.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw a response I thought I would comment on:

[ QUOTE ]
HE KNOWS THESE PEOPLE. PERSONALLY. LIKE REAL LIFE LIKE. He knows they aren't bots

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he knows them in real-life rather than only online does not mean they are not using bots. This is a ridiculous statement. People that use bots are real people too; they just automate their play so they dont have to sit there and play themselves.

Carry on now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this quote worried me as well. He's inferring that Nation must be telling the truth because he knows them in real life. How the hell does this carry any weight just because he knows them in real life? Unless..... oh wait, I've got it ..... because he's a mod?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the perception that Mods are more trustworthy than the average poster is reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obvious, who is the first group of people here that are looked to for escrowing bets?

i don't think nation should be degreened because of this, i think he's already done enough damage to his reputation by the way he handled the whole situation. he has been way too eager and zealous to defend his associate to just be considered an outside observer of the situation. i know that if i had a friend that was accused of some crime in the real world, i wouldn't jump on the local news in an attempt prove his innocence, it just looks super guilty.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when a guy in green posts anything serious in an important thread it carries somewhere between 10-100X the weight of a normal poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burno - if your belief was true, I would resign as a mod. I have no intention of misleading anyone by having my posts mean 10x more than the average user - I am not someone that should be idolized, and neither are any of the other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]
TT, it was nice knowing you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The night Party Poker closed, I tried to cash out in a panic, but there was a glitch and it didn't look like I'd get my money. I seriously considered not posting about it because I didn't want to feed the panic and as a Mod I knew that people would assign more weight to my post. I think the perception that Mods are more trustworthy than the average poster is reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at you or I being more trustworthy than the average poster [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM

I think there are two seperate issues here.

The OP was made about the issue of "more than one players to a hand". That was the theme when the thread started, and that was why some wanted Nation demodded. That issue seems to have gone by the wayside, likely because the vast majority feel this was not a problem.

The second issue that has cropped up appears to be that of whether Nation lied/misled/misused his influence as mod. Personally, I don't think Nation's mod status has much more impact with "veterans" here than his post count, length of membership here, and/or respect some may have for him through all of the above. Then again, although I'm not a long-time member, I've been here long enough and lurked ATF enough to understand that not all mods are created equal and that mod status does not necessarily equal someone who must be respected/believed at every juncture. Newer users, however, may not make that distinction. To someone who has only been here for a few months, mod status may mean a lot more.

All that being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with Nation using that status to defend someone he knows and thinks is being wronged. However, that also means facing the music. If it turns out those he defended ARE guilty, the question becomes whether Nation knew. If he didn't, obviously he loses major credibility, but I can't see why there would be any consequences. If he DID know, now I think we have a problem.

However, until the following can be proven:

1) Alleged "botters" are PROVEN guilty of botting/colluding/some other offense against site T & C's

2) Nation KNEW this was true and lied on their behalf

I can't really see the case for a demodding. Everyone may choose to think more or less of him now based on that thread, but I really think the 2 points above would need to be proven before something like demodding should be considered. Odds are it will be difficult to ever prove those points, but one never can tell where things will turn next.

That's my $0.02 and then some.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know that if i had a friend that was accused of some crime in the real world, i wouldn't jump on the local news in an attempt prove his innocence, it just looks super guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you can see the difference between defending your friend on a message board and trying to get on the local news to defend a friend charged of a crime.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i know that if i had a friend that was accused of some crime in the real world, i wouldn't jump on the local news in an attempt prove his innocence, it just looks super guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you can see the difference between defending your friend on a message board and trying to get on the local news to defend a friend charged of a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but isn't botting about as serious as it gets in the poker world?