Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Bump, Set, Fold.

I haven't yet read the "real" hand on page 3. As to the hand actually inquired about, bad fold. If you are so certain he has KK, you can get the money in on earlier streets when he has two outs. As for the river, I really doubt he specifically has top set here often enough to justify folding your own set.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:09 PM

"I'd really appreciate comments from Stars 2/4 and 3/6 regulars only, because frankly, all other opinions are worthless (guess I shoulda probably put that in the OP)."

With ALL due respect to you. I dont think it would hurt for you to listen to some advice from 10nl-200nlers as I assume most of them agree that the major mistakes in this hand were not made on the river. You dont get to post a thread and then dictate where the responses come from. Unless youre God, which i doubt you are, cause you didnt see the check behind coming on the turn. And you didnt will him into mucking behind on the river.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM

some people on 2+2 r d*ck heads
Old 08-11-2007, 01:17 PM

I think a flop call and c/r turn would be a nice line against an aggressive player, but not so much against a tight uncreative nit. A flop call and a turn donk bet would probably look equally strong as a flop 3-bet, and in both cases you would be screaming out the strength of your hand. So you might as well 3bet flop and stack KK/AA.

I'd only fold this against the most uncreative and tightest nit though, so I'd call this almost 100% of the time on the river.

Am I the only one who thinks dreamcircus is really annoying btw?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 PM

Ace- I know I messed up the flop and turn (if you reread the thread, I've conceded that like 3-4 times). I went for a turn C/R when I should have just 3 bet the flop and got it in, or at very least donked the turn.

If we all played every hand perfectly, we'd be trading rake with CTS amirite?

The reason I wanted responses from 2/4 and 3/6 Stars players specifically was because of their familiarity with this particular villain, not because of their superiority.

This river fold could be horrible, it could be slightly bad, it could be slightly good, it could be fantastic. I'd buy any of those answers if the responses even seemed somewhat rationally thought out and explained (some of them were, and I once again thank the sincere contributers).
Old 08-11-2007, 01:46 PM

"The reason I wanted responses from 2/4 and 3/6 Stars players specifically was because of their familiarity with this particular villain, not because of their superiority."

I respectfully retract my prior comments, I assumed the latter.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:55 PM

If you're tired of "nonconstructive, childish" responses, one wonders why you have over 600 posts on 2p2.com, this site offers very little that differs from this description.

Agreed that you cannot dictate who responds. Plenty of people can at least attempt to give sound advice even without having extensive history with the player involved.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:13 PM

And I don't mind their attempting to contribute either, I was just trying to clarify that this particular hand is so opponent specific that their advice on the river fold/call (their comments on the flop/turn are certainly relevant) cannot possibly be accurate.