Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: c behind KK on Ad23d flop multiway

the thing is if you bet and bb calls and utg raises it is a super easy fold even if it's on the turn. utg can't really semibluff you here.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: c behind KK on Ad23d flop multiway

I don´t think it is something wrong with your line or something.
But if you can get pushed off your best hand with a semi-bluff then maybe the board is not that non-drawy after all to begin with.
Since there are two players still in the hand I think few villains bluffs if they CR after that preflop action.
And all the times your bet/bet check line wins you money or just make you lose 1.5 BB instead of 2BB should be enough to call a checkraise on flop against a single player anyway.
And if it is checked to you again on turn it is not like you can be certain that you´re not getting CR then instead if you bet. I think KK is too good a hand to give away freecards on two streets.
You also get the chance to ditch your hand if both players are still in the hand after a checkraise.
I can see advantages of your way of playing it. But the above plus the fact that every decent player understands that your flop check either is a PP that is going to showdown or a trap waiting, makes me prefer a bet/bet/check line.