Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Proper application of Clarkmeister?

This is as far as I get with the math: there's 5,00 $ in the pot before OP's call. A .5 $ bet is 10 %.

According to pokerstove, 88 has about 70 % equity against a random hand.

I have no idea how to relate the two, though. Any help appreciated.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:30 PM

Neku, it's obvious you need some basic fundamentals in pot odds, equity, etc. If performance poker doesn't cover these, I would suggest you either pick up some other books (GSHE would be a good place to start), or spend some time searching this forum for some basics. I am not familiar with performance poker, but it sounds to me like they are not giving you a solid foundation on which to build your game.

-J
Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were sitting to your left and saw you raise/fold pf, I would be treying you with soooooo many hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you be playing your normal style then? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Neku, I would suggest reading some of the posts in the stickied FAQ (near top of forum). You should also learn about pot odds (odds in general), equity, etc. Jaran mentioned a great book in GSHE (Getting Started in Hold-Em).
Old 03-13-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were sitting to your left and saw you raise/fold pf, I would be treying you with soooooo many hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you be playing your normal style then? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only against weak/tight nits like you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-J
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ask this after reading Performance Poker (as a newbie, no less), so forgive my question: why did you call that 3-bet before the flop? Two raises would put him on a high pair, wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck is Performance Poker anyway?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 PM

neku, i don't know you and i say this with no malice whatsoever, and with the general respect that i hold for most people i haven't met before: stop reading whatever you're reading, and start your poker education over from the beginning, doing what we say. i promise it will benefit you both in the short and long run. pm any of us for details.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 PM

I don't like the river bet. I don't like the flop play either. Hey someone had to stir up the pot, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I said, I've just read Performance Poker. But anyway, if I (newbie) raise JJ and someone raises me, I fold. They have a high pair, I don't.

This is probably wrong in many different ways.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've already voluntarily put money into the pot, it's never correct to fold for 1 more bet (preflop)
Old 03-14-2007, 12:49 AM

Neku, for what it's worth I agree with Babar here. Whatever you have been using for teaching materials has seriously misled you. Start with the faq section and check that out. Study the hands that are posted in these threads and look at the responses from people like Aaron W, bozlax, MrWookie and a number of other knowledgeable micros denizens. We have some talented players who hang out here and take the time to help us out. Best of luck to you.

With regard to this hand I suggest you do a PokerStove equity calculation against the range of QQ-AA, which even the world's biggest nit will generally 3-bet. You will see how much equity I have in the hand and you should then be able to answer the question of whether I'm right to call getting 6.5:1 on my money. That of course assumes that you are correct in your belief that people will only 3-bet with monster pocket pairs. You'll find as you learn more that people 3-bet significantly larger ranges than that.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ask this after reading Performance Poker (as a newbie, no less), so forgive my question: why did you call that 3-bet before the flop? Two raises would put him on a high pair, wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck is Performance Poker anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you better stop reading that stuff. http://performpoker.com/ oversimplifies things to th extend that it becomes almost worthless. If they talk about "giving you the tools to hone your tight-passive style of play" - well, screw that!

Also, among other things you seem to have missed, this site is about No Limit.