Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:09 AM

Default $50nl Was 3 bet PF, Set on turn, facing strong RR w/ 2 overs on brd

No reads on villain,I run about 20/14/2.2 I was multi-tabling and had shut down PAHud to check a hand in the history window when I got into this situation, I restarted hud but no stats came up in time. I did not C-bet this flop because I had been doing it at a high rate, and this flop texture wasn't good given PF action. Looking back at it, my turn bet was too weak. Now turn card put me in this spot, what is my course of action ?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($4.15)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($77.10)</font>
SB ($104.50)
BB ($50.75)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($74.80)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($14.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($14.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $25</font> Hero?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: $50nl Was 3 bet PF, Set on turn, facing strong RR w/ 2 overs on br

I agree with your decision not to c-bet the flop, and also with the fact that your turn bet was too small.
Given his range as JJ+, AQs+, AK, I don't think AK checks that flop, and I don't think AQs or JJ c/r like that on the turn. It's most likely he has either KK or QQ, so I'd be a nit and outright fold this.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:20 AM

This is a very sick spot to be in. And the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that he is probably just a big slowplaying dummy. You are &gt;100 bb's deep and you only have 32 bb invested. the only hand you can really hope he has is AA. just fold and try to find a better spot
Old 08-05-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: $50nl Was 3 bet PF, Set on turn, facing strong RR w/ 2 overs on brd

there are possible street and flush draws out. A set can not check here. i think you are up against aces and ak. this should be the most likely holdings here. try to keep the pot as small as possible. bet out half to 2/3 pot on river and fold to any raise
Old 08-05-2007, 12:41 AM

How can a set not check, but aces or AK can? Why are aces and AK not scared of the flush or straight outs?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:44 AM

This would not be a cbet situation because you called the RR pf. As played, I'd stack off here, WE HAVE A SET. But against the average guy @ 50nl I'd fold pf. Playing TT OOP in a RR pot is tough and since you raised UTG theres no reason to believe hes 3betting light unless you know hes a moron.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:25 PM

Well after going in the tank and with an utterly sick feeling in my stomach I pushed, part of the reason was the fact I called the RR PF with the intention of winning a big pot if I hit my set, now I've hit my set and am considering folding, then the why the hell did I play this hand If I wasn't gonna felt it when I made my hand(maybe fear and common sense),this is what I was questioning myself about. This logic may be flawed, everything told me I was beat. Another thing that went through my head was fact I had been 3 bet or seen 3bets pf by 99, AJ,JJ,33 and worse in the last few days. I was really hoping villain was misplaying AA or AK or had a weird 2 pair like KQ if he was a donk. So I push, Riv is a T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for quads and villain showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for nut straight on turn.