Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Need help with how to react to the common players

I know this is going to vary on the type of image that you tend to establish...but im just gonna go ahead and post based on my assumptions and see if I can get some input.
I play a pretty laggy type of game and am a 40vpip/10pfr player wit a 12bb/100 rate.
When I sit down at the table this is how I tend to attempt to exploit my opponents based on their vpip/pfr

5-15vpip/4-10pfr- generally dont get too involved with these players...but attempt to make big hands with suited connectors/pocket pairs given deep stack play will repop preflop fairly rarely and on a bluff almost nver...tend to make most on unraised pots in bb when i flop big and they play tp/gk aggressively...other thn that not my fav player

5-15vpip/0-4pfr- i tend to avoid these players and generally just look for big, hidden flops i can bet...generally find these players easy to read and have to make up for playing few hands with more c/c wit tptk

30-50vpip/5-20pfr- depends generally come in two types...skilled and unskilled tend to differentiate based on ability to fold top pair into tough spots and ability to pound on weaker players...if skilled i completely change my game to decieve them...if unskilled i tend to play pretty straightforward

50+vpip/20+pfr-yumyum...these are where i personally make the bulk of my money as i suspect u do too...ill tend to play much more hands against these players and tend to find predictable and exploitable patterns to take advantage of as well...no real set strategy more of a player by player strat..

50+vpip/<20pfr- i play very straightforward against these players and def play smallball until i find a good spot where im pretty sur he has at least tp/tk and i have close to the nuts...alot of waiting sumtimes involved wit these players

Anyway these are teh players i typically see and would like any input into potential problems/critisms wit my apporach...i never post so prob not very good one...but im trying
Srry for the length
Old 02-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Need help with how to react to the common players

does no one have ne input...or is this that bad of a post??
if it is a bad post let me know how to make my posts better in the future...thanks
Old 02-07-2007, 11:41 PM

These stats really dont give you that much of indication of how to best play against these players. I take into account a lot of different stats and look for ways to exploit. It doesnt matter that much if somebody is 10vpip or 15vpip in comparison to the way their vpip relates to their PFR, and how that relates to their TAF, cbet, fold to cbet, WTSD%/W$SD%, call pfr%, and their att, to steal, and fold blinds % etc. These are the stats which I focus on the most. These things together give you a 'read' to go with, but then half the opponents at my tables are only around for 50 hands and then they bust, and cant reload cuz neteller . lol.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 PM

your stats look pretty terrible 40/10 ... id look at someone like that is straight calling station.

if u r really making 12bb/100. embrace it cuz your luck isnt going to last that long.