Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Lower Limit Mistakes

Does anyone here play a wide range of stakes, sometimes dropping to the lower limits for fun (or making videos)? What kinds of adjustments do you typically make preflop and postflop?

I play a lot of 1/2 on PokerStars and I sometimes drop to 0.5/1 when things are not going so well to rebuild confidence. Personally, I tend to play tighter preflop and show my hands down more often. This is probably not the best approach, so I was wondering what others tend to do.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Lower Limit Mistakes

We might have crossed paths in the last month as I´ve been jumping from site to site.

As for your question: It depends.

How has the table been playing. Who is on your right, on your left. Do you have an image?, etc. There are many factors that affect the way you play a hand on a particular situation.

I´ve been misplaying hands a lot and getting my ass handed to me. Therefore I´m no longer at the tables as much as here:
archives
Old 04-19-2007, 10:17 AM

if you are having trouble it usually indicates you are not playing well postflop. The easiest approach is to tighten up preflop and gradually play a few more hands and try to improve postflop once you get more comfortable.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM

I guess the main adaption preflop is based on the SB:BB split. e.g. is it 1/2 or 2/5.

postflop at stars 1-2 is far less aggressive than 2-4.
so if you jump between 1-2 and 2-4 you should know how to handle semi-bluff raises on the flop and turn.
(Idont know about stars 0.5-1)
Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 AM

On Everest or Ultimatebet there is like no difference between .5/1 and 1/2 so I play the same, it depends on the table.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:22 PM

I always drop a Limit if iam not running well or if the tables are just better on the lower Limit...i dont adjust greatly from 10/20 to 10/5 in general but i adjust always to the specific table conditions and players what should be standard of course...that said you shouldnt adjust from 1/2 to 0.5/1 imho because those Limts will play similar to each other and the rake is almost the same factor whil dropping form 5/10 to 1/2 you have to adjust because players are more
Old 04-19-2007, 03:22 PM

different in general and the rake is a huge factor