Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Few 1/2 Hands From the Trop in AC

After drinking a good amount at a fourth of July Party, I headed down and probably made it at 4AM...

HAND 1: Hero is SB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], raise to 10 in front of me, 2 callers, I call, BB calls.
Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, BB checks, PFR makes it 10(small bets into bigger pots seem frequent lately...), next guy makes it 25, I call( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), Now BB makes it 70 and it's folded back to me... We each started the hand with about 250, I very slightly cover.

HAND 2: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], few limpers, I raise to 16, 2 callers.
Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
I lead for $45, 1 fold, guy that looks exactly like Ben Stiller puts me all in. I started the hand with just shy of $300, he covers.

HAND 3: Hero is Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Bunch of limpers, I pop it to 16, 2 callers.
Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
First guy leads for 30, lady next to me calls, I.......(lady has maybe 300 behind, guy has just shy of 200) I cover both.

HAND 4: Very next hand, Hero is MP with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I limp along with just about the whole table.
Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 : diamond:
Lady leads for 15, I call ([img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), one other caller.
Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Lady leads for 30, I call ([img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), guy now pushes for 55 on top, she calls, I ..... (she has 200 or so behind, I cover)

Went back yesterday for a solid 10 hour session, started at 4PM.

HAND 5: Hero is BB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Limped pot.
Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB leads for 15, I call, raised to 35 across the table, SB now makes it 80. SB has about 200 behind, other guy has more like 300. I cover.

HAND 6: Hero is button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Bunch of limpers, I pop it to 15. 3 callers.
Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8: club:
Checked to me, I check trying to disguise my hand and induce a bet on the turn...(Def. not my usual line in this spot)
Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet 25. SB calls, and dark checks.
River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet 30, he C/R me to 60. I put on my best performance, act like I'm about to muck my cards, look back at them, and raise to how much? He has about 300 or more behind, I cover.

HAND 7: BRAG... This dude came over to our table, and is super aggressive. Phil Ivey lookin dude. I noticed him at the table next to mine earlier because he had a humongous stack, like a 20 stack of greens plus a bunch of 20 stacks of reds. Anyway, probably the most aggressive player I've encountered at live 1/2. I'm telling my end of the table that I'm gonna stack him...
Hero is MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Few limpers, I limp, Villain in SB makes it 17. I call, heads up.
Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9: heart:
He checks, I check.
Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He bets 25, I call.
River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets 50, after some acting I make it 150. He pushes. I'm like " I have to call", and before I can flip over my cards he throws his cards in the muck and leaves the table. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Took about $450 from him in that hand!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Few 1/2 Hands From the Trop in AC

Hand 1 - I shove over the smallish raise, you want fold equity in this spot and you're not gonna get it by calling.

Hand 2 - I call that pretty quick. He can have KcQ, KcJ, or even if he has QJ you have a decent chance of picking up the pot.

Hand 3 - Probably just call, re-eval on a safe turn. I don't like playing for stacks here much.

Hand 4 - I raise this flop all day to 50. As played, I would shove it in over the shorty's push.

Hand 5 - Fold.

Hand 6 - Just shove.. any made hand he has isn't gonna fold.

Hand 7 - If he's so aggressive, I bet the flop. It's very hard to stack him when you have ~$40 on the turn. Raise the turn or bet the flop, one of the two. You got lucky he shoved but I wouldn't expect it often.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Hand one I don't see what you can possibly put him on that you have any FE against - a push is terrible here. Call and hope to hit your flush.

Hand two you also can't call I think - you're getting less than 2:1, and I think this is a baby flush/2pair/set just about every single time. This guy is obviously scared of the flush card coming, and you just aren't getting the odds to call here.

Hand 3: I like a call and a raise or shove on a safe turn.

Hand 4: Raise the flop, as played shove the turn.

Hand 5: Raise the flop yourself - all this calling is terrible. As played, you have to fold, because the other guy is probably going to push.

Hand 6: What the hell with the slowplay on the flop? You're right, you'll induce a turn bet - after the ace or king falls. Jam the hell out of this pot now - it's way too drawy for slowplaying. Then you make a tiny turn bet with a set on what is still a VERY drawy board. Shove the river - he could have a straight, a backdoor flush, a worse boat, A5, etc. Terrible slowplay on earlier streets though - asking for the suckout.

Hand 7: I agree with the above poster - your passive line makes it very hard to get the money in most of the time. Bet the flop, or at least raise the turn. You got very lucky that he was willing to bluff so hard on the river - most of the time you'll find it impossible to get the money in when the pot is so small and the stacks so deep.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Hand 7. I've seen this guy check fold, or fold when bet into on pots when he's raised pre-flop. I just didn't wanna lose him, and by the way I observed him playing, he was firing on any turn and river after I checked behind on the flop.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 PM

Hand 1, pushed and stacked off to 333.

Hand 2, instacalled, guy showed QJ, I suck out goot on turn with a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hand 3, Hero makes it $200 to go. I'll play for stacks all day long on this flop in live 1/2. Guy that lead the flop ended up calling off his whole stack with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hand 4 I push when it gets back to me, lucky for me the lady ends up folding a set. The all in guy has the nut straight, and I don't flush or fill up.

Hand 5 I deliberate, decide it's best to fold, but the gambling demon on my shoulder made me push, and I suck out a flush on the turn against 777.

Hand 6 I make it 140.... only 80 more. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Had I known he had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I would have pushed for sure. It's funny, if he doesn't dark check I think I get his stack one way or another. It would have went something like.... he leads for 35, I raise to 100, he pushes. Oh well.