Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 12-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Default ugly river

CP 30 game, 8 handed - by far the easiest game i have played in my life at 30/60, it plays very much like 3/6-4/8 stakes, with many calling 3 or 4 cold preflop and 2 to 3 on the turn with very few to no outs...

1 limper,
i raise AdAc in utg+1,
1 coldcall in mp,
bb calls,
limper calls

flop: Th 8h 7c

check to me, i bet, bb c/r and we all call

turn: 2d

bb bets, limper folds, i raise, coldcaller calls 2, bb says 'wow, nice hand' and calls

river: Tc

bb thinks a few seconds and checks, i think for a few seconds and check, coldcaller bets... bb agonizes and calls, i checkraise

player notes:

i am not seen as laggy by this crowd, none of the players except dmark are regulars and he is out for this hand surprisingly (i havent shown down anything but monsters thus far)

bb - very bad laggy player, huge payoff and overplays made hands, loves to check raise

limper - terrible, limps every two suited and is very passive, calls the flop and folds the turn every pot

coldcaller - he is smart, but very transparent and straight forward against a preflop aggressor, but will bet with position in rediculous spots when he missed draws, will raise with made hands on the flop

please give opinions on the following:

1. flop 3-bet or turn raise
2. what play against turn 3-bet
3. river value bet
4. river check raise given the action

thanks for any input