Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Really lost on this hand. Do you c-bet here?

Feel like I really butchered this hand. Maybe I should have checked the flop? The short stack kind of made the c-bet difficult and the whole thing awkward. Please feel free to suggest different lines etc. All thoughts appreciated.
Villain is 49/2.5/.21 and huge fish

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $3.75
BTN: $9.55
Hero (SB): $9.90
BB: $8.95
UTG: $16.70

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.80</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.30 and is All-In</font>
Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Really lost on this hand. Do you c-bet here?

I would check here. OOP against two players (one shortstack) on a pretty wet board. If CO went allin it would be pretty difficult to fold (if BTN would fold) getting priced in.

Is BTN the 49/2.5/.21 player? He's very passive then, and won't bet on a draw. I think the chance he has a flush here is pretty big, and your T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is not likely to beat villain's flush if you happen to catch a fourth [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I would fould to his bet.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Really lost on this hand. Do you c-bet here?

A few observations:

1) ATo is NOT the best of hands- especially when your in the SB and will be first to act.

I suggest you search for old POKEY posts, there is one in particular (i wish i could link it, but i don't have it) where he explains how AJo is a bad hand to raise as even when you flop top pair, it is behind AK, AQ and the two- pair ace hands. eg. on a flop of A64 , you beat only A2,A3,A5,A7,A8,A9,AT.

AT ain't as good as you thought 1 minute ago hey? that said, i still tend to raise it in position (probably out of ego because i think everyone i play is a donk hah), but i wouldn't advocate raising AT in the SB, BB, UTG or MP.

2) Your C-bet amount is fine.

HOWEVER.
Alternatively, against 2 donk opponents including one shortstack on a pretty dangerous board (Low- Middle cards, Flush Draw + Straight Draw) , NOT C-BETTING is probably better.

Either way, you are called. its not the end of the world. Lots of bad players call flops.

3) The TURN. OK. don't like this at all.

9h is a horrible horrible card. It makes the flush and multiple straights (67, 7T ,TQ)

So your Check is fine.

BTN (who is ridiculously PASSIVE &amp; straightforward) bets. This guy limps alot of hands. Probably incl;uding all suited aces and kings. maybe all suited cards in fact. BUT NOTICE he only raises 5 % of his cards (eg. JJ+; AK ; AQs approx) His agg. factor is .21 so he prefers to call down and rarely value bets or bluffs. HE IS AS PASSIVE AS THEY COME

Anyway, this guy BETS the scare card to end all scarecards which made every draw complete.

You decide to check raise him why ?! You have a OE draw and a T high 1 card FD, against a totally passive guy who just bet. Sure it was weak, but this guy probably doesn't 3 bet with the nuts ever. I don't even think an argument can be made for calling to draw.

what could you do if a straight came in? The flush is out there. As played, i think villain calls you with a worse ahnd never, and he probably also never has a worse hand.

sorry if i got carried away, i am trying to help you, but this hand is a mess on every street pretty much. try and master a more simple game plan before spicig things up. Also pay more attention to the stats since you have them at your disposal