Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

man this thread is long. i'm in clss so i havent been able to watch the tape, but i will say this: i can definitely see myself going irate at times where it is unnecessary. guy starts hitting my sister (i dno't have one- just for an example) and i go nuts and beat him until he's dead.

what i'm saying is, i can see myself actually hurting a person very badly, possibly killing them, for them doing something of much lesser value, relatively speaking. what i'm trying to get at is empathy, i guess.

i really don' tknow about someone else's property though, that is what kind of bugs me.

i'm reallllllly on the fence about it based on what i've read so far, i can't see how you can possibly be on one side so distinctly- i feel like anyone who thinks this guy needs to be locked up should at least have a modicum of respect for his intent of justice, even if it was misplaced. conversely, i feel like anyone who thinks this guy should walk should realize that he went a little too far and should incurr some sort of punishment.

so basically what i'm saying is, i can draw no conclusions at all, but i look forward to listening to the news report, and i've just wasted all of your time with this post.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

All,

I'm locking this thread now, most of the stuff for a while is just the same stuff back and forth.

Anyone who wants to start a followup thread to discuss any specific topics brought up here, feel free to do so.

I think there are a lot of topics worth discussing around this issue, I just think we need a fresh thread to discuss them as any new points are just getting lost in the flow.

Boris, MVP, James or anyone else who has strong opinions about specific elements around this case, start a new thread if you'd like to discuss further.
Closed Thread