Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Default 2007-2008 NBA MVP

We can bump this later in the year after it dies down, but I foresee this being LeBron's award to lose from this point forward.

He is playing at the level he played at last postseason. I stil can't believe we had some offseason debates on this board about Kobe v. Lebron.

LBJ 4 MVP.

Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, and KG are also really good at basketball and in my top 5, but LeBron is just too unstoppable.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: 2007-2008 NBA MVP

Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 PM

Lebron is the best player in the nba right now but he'll get robbed again, KG will take it if the Celtics win a ton of games (as they should).
Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Putting up obnoxious bulk numbers does not equal "MPV" - or at least it shouldn't. Cavs have more talent than Lakers, Cavs play in markedly inferior conference, Lakers have better record. Kobe is a better basketball player - he's just realized (two years too late imo) that he doesn't need to score 40 a game.

LeBron's bulk will decline over time as he shifts from individual excellence to improving his teammates.

Nash and Duncan should be the top 2 on any MVP ballot until further notice, although I agree that Garnett warrants inclusion in that conversation if Boston wins 50+ (same for Kobe, though the 50+ is a lot less likely). Dirk getting a "lifetime achievement award" a la Karl Malone was pathetic.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:06 PM

KG
Old 11-24-2007, 10:08 PM

IrishHand,
LeBron's supporting cast is worse than Kobes. Odom, Walton and Caron are arguably better than anyone on the Cavs.

I think MJ should be number one on the ballot until further notice.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cavs have more talent than Lakers

[/ QUOTE ]

the non-boobie teammates of lebron are simply godawful. i mean, i like z and all, but damn. this is not a good basketball team.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dirk getting a "lifetime achievement award" a la Karl Malone was pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only was Dirk the true MVP last year, he was probably robbed the year before.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting up obnoxious bulk numbers does not equal "MPV" - or at least it shouldn't. Cavs have more talent than Lakers, Cavs play in markedly inferior conference, Lakers have better record. Kobe is a better basketball player - he's just realized (two years too late imo) that he doesn't need to score 40 a game.

LeBron's bulk will decline over time as he shifts from individual excellence to improving his teammates.

Nash and Duncan should be the top 2 on any MVP ballot until further notice, although I agree that Garnett warrants inclusion in that conversation if Boston wins 50+ (same for Kobe, though the 50+ is a lot less likely). Dirk getting a "lifetime achievement award" a la Karl Malone was pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing in this post that didn't suck.

Recape: you complain that Lebron has more talent around him than Kobe (which is hilarious since his team is as good or worse at every position except maaaybe point, and his bench is worse), you then decide that only Duncan and Nash (best supporting casts in basketball...) should be the only ones n the conversation except KG (other best supporting cast in basketball) "if" Boston wins 50+ (has to be at least even odds).

Then you bitch about Dirk winning an award he deserved, comparing him to one of the best players at his position winning an award that he also deserved.

I award you no points, etc.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:36 PM

IrishHand is to Kobe as I am to Rondo.

It's okay to have mancrushes.