Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: BBV's recommendation:
Do the sensible thing and move down.... 5/10 six-max, 10/20 six-max, 20/40 ring, 400 PLO8 5 25.00%
It's called a bankroll for a reason... keep playing the same games. 1 5.00%
Follow the Jedi way... 30/60 six-max, 50/100 six-max, 100/200 ring and 5000 PLO8 9 45.00%
BASTARD 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: ATo in BB - simple flop question

With no reads I bet this every time

One thing that I havent seen mentioned yet is the fact that the button is less likely to bet it for us the more players there are in the pot, some people have stated that online you can rely on the button to bet almost everytime when checked to on the flop and this maybe true for some players but in my experience this is more likely with less people in the pot, although with multiple opponents there is more chance that somebody will bet it isn't necessarily gonna be the button. Which brings me to my next point, what happens those times we check and somebody bets in early position gets a caller or two and the actions back to us? Then our raise is only gonna succeed in bloating the pot with a vulnerable hand in bad position

Also one of the main arguments for checking is to get bets from hands that wouldn't necessarily call our lead but I wouldn't expect this to be such a problem in this situation especially since we're the BB our opponents will likely put us on a wide range and call anyway, we will even get raised a fair amount of the time too