Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-26-2007, 09:34 AM

Default ATs v LAG - 50NL

Little history. LAG has position on me and has 3-bet me PF 5 times in 50 hands. His stats are 35/25/4. Often I'll change tables (lag on left = bad) but one to HIS left was a huge, huge donkey and the table overall had 15 buyins in cash on it.

Hand previously, he 3-bet me and I called with a middle pair. Flop was broadway and I check/folded to his 3/4 PSB on the flop. I haven't shown down a loser and am 17/15/1.5 through only 50 hands at this table.

Yes, fold PF is probably a very good option with a hand like ATs facing a 3-bet OOP -- I didn't this time. Might have been a tilty decision -- I'm not playing overly well right now. Help me play the rest of the hand.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $117.30
BB: $210.20
UTG: $130
MP: $239.55
Hero (CO): $53.80
BTN: $65.80

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9

Turn: ($30.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $15</font>
Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: ATs v LAG - 50NL

I think a shove would be good in this spot. You have extracted the max from bluffs/hands you are beating, now drop the hammer. If you don't want to do that, then... like you said, fold pre-flop. This guy isn't going to give up and let you have your cheap showdwon.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 PM

When you go up against a LAG w/ a marginal hand like this and flop good, you have to be ready to play for stacks.

CRAI the turn. You aren't sad if the hand ends now.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM

I do not like this preflop play one bit. Your out of position w/ hand that doesn't really play well. You've stated that he's abusing 3bets so why not 4bet him and most likely take the hand down right there. As played CRAI on the turn doesn't give you much FE. He only has to call 25 to win 85, thus can make the right play by calling w/ weak holdings. Just 4bet PF, clearly best IMO.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just 4bet PF, clearly best IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spew IMO
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not like this preflop play one bit. Your out of position w/ hand that doesn't really play well. You've stated that he's abusing 3bets so why not 4bet him and most likely take the hand down right there. As played CRAI on the turn doesn't give you much FE. He only has to call 25 to win 85, thus can make the right play by calling w/ weak holdings. Just 4bet PF, clearly best IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm going to 4bet a LAG that has position on me I want to do it with a better hand than ATs. I would just fold to his 3bet.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 PM

4bet this pf if he's been crazy active. make it 2 1/2 times and call a shove.

As played call him down.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just 4bet PF, clearly best IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spew IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's been active it's definitely not spew. Calling and not knowing what to do when you flop TPTK is spew.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:04 PM

The guy was definitely active, and I'm not sure what with since I folded to the first 3, called the 4th with 99 and c/f'd a broadway flop, and immediately the next hand is the one above.

Obviously pre-flop is debatable. I don't like a 4-bet as I'm going to get called by all hands that beat me and fold out his crap. If he has nothing, I'm going to get max value letting him fire the flop at least.

I guess it's an interesting question as to what the minimum strength ace you'd be willing to call a 3-bet PF with against an active LAG. He might have just been running well, it is a short hand sample but it seemed he was taking advantage. I fold this 9/10 times PF. As played I obviously committed to stacks when I called his flop bet with TPTK.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 PM

3BET FLOP THEN C/F TO TURN BET.