Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 10-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Default $16 lvl 1. 77 vs two weak bets

Holla. No reads. I sharkscoped boostreet on the turn and he had a -14 ROI (couldn't get it before and ran out my time so had to check the turn, I know not optimal). Anyways, with such weak bets, I am pretty confident I am beating boo and other donk. Normally vs a loose player CR flop is optimal I know, but readless, I like c/c.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1590)
UTG+1 (t1465)
Hero (t1470)
MP2 (t1470)
MP3 (t1200)
CO (t1300)
Button (t1520)
SB (t1625)
BB (t1860)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, Hero calls t20, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to t60</font>, CO calls t60, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t40

Flop: (t210) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets t100</font>, CO calls t100, Hero calls t100

Turn: (t510) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets t100</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1310 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>
Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: $16 lvl 1. 77 vs two weak bets

Just call. Just because he bets like a donk doesn't mean you aren't beat here. Idiots play AA and sets like this all the time. It's hard to put an idiot on a hand range. I call the turn and pay off a small river bet/fold to a decent one.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:20 AM

looks kinda spewy to me.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 AM

yeah, I ran out of time and could only fire off an allin bet before timing out (I drained the 30 seconds while trying to load sharkscope).

So flatting turn is better?

In my experience, bet flop then bet turn the same amount is almost always a weak hand. This is a very reliable tell I find (online and in live games too, hence my raise. I guess 500 might be better and then I could muck to shove and still have 800 back.

If I had stats, I would've CR'd flop to 400 and mucked to shove/freeze if called.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I ran out of time and could only fire off an allin bet before timing out (I drained the 30 seconds while trying to load sharkscope).

So flatting turn is better?

In my experience, bet flop then bet turn the same amount is almost always a weak hand. This is a very reliable tell I find

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been getting bitten by that a bit recently though. A lot of fish betting the nuts that way instead of checking and hoping you improve.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:46 AM

I really dont think it should be part of your gameplan to get all of your chips in a 3 way raised pot vs the pfr leading on two streets with 77 on this board and no reads. I think turn is an easy check/fold or check/call and hope to showdown cheap on the river, but i still think that might be spewtastic at bb20
Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 AM

Bet/fold the flop IMO. If he just calls I probably fire again on that turn, and then I'm done with the hand if he calls that.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 AM

I play it like you did, and have the same read on the hand that you do. I can't imagine a situation in which you are behind the caller, and you're ahead of the PFR'er almost always. It's so rare that a -14% roi'er plays a hand better than yours like this, and if he does, just put the note down and move onto the next one. If you're beat its because the PFR'er caught a 10, or the caller is playing a set really really strangely. I don't think I've ever ran into a donk playing AA like this, although the 3x raise after a limper is a pretty reliable AA/KK preflop tell, but that applies mostly to good players.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold the flop IMO. If he just calls I probably fire again on that turn, and then I'm done with the hand if he calls that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most -14% ers are -14% ers because they like playing multiple streets early, floating, playing hands and finding themselves bluffing off chips once you check to them, and usually when they bluff they bluff the size of the pot. If I'm taking the line of firing the turn and he calls, on most blanks I'm gona check-call even a large bet from a donk. Although I might be more inclined to do this against the -20% ers.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most -14% ers are -14% ers because they like playing multiple streets early, floating, playing hands and finding themselves bluffing off chips once you check to them, and usually when they bluff they bluff the size of the pot. If I'm taking the line of firing the turn and he calls, on most blanks I'm gona check-call even a large bet from a donk. Although I might be more inclined to do this against the -20% ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a valid point about stopping a bluff, although I don't think you should base your play on how bad their roi is (impossible to tell if they're a maniac loose donkey or a weak tight donkey from stats).