Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm going to have to work(sigh) and then later will have my first Vietnamese Thanksgiving over at my brother and his girlfriend's house. Hopefully we'll be eating more meat than cartilage! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm FLA visiting my family...with 6 kids under the age of ten! I've become "Uncle Dom - Human Tackle Toy."

[/ QUOTE ]

How many do you think you could take?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm FLA visiting my family...with 6 kids under the age of ten! I've become "Uncle Dom - Human Tackle Toy."

[/ QUOTE ]

How many do you think you could take?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

all of 'em, ldo
Old 11-23-2007, 04:06 PM

The holidays season can be summed up in one joy: EggNog.

I don't like giving or receiving presents. I hate Thanksgiving. I hate eating turkey. I hate decorating and decorations.

But my oh my, give me an eggnog, and I am the happiest I will ever feel at this time of the year. Just thinking about the stuff in June can give the "oh, I can't wait for the holidays feeling."

Yesterday, I went to a friends house (okay, acquaintances I talk to once every six months), watched some movies, and drank our favorite nector (nog).

It is cool with them because they are foreign and have no idea what Thanksgiving means. They invited another friend (from Isreal!), and we had curry.

The answer to what TG is was amusing to make up. The story was so awful and wrong, and I acted offended that they could create such a story.

I watched Transformers. It isn't that bad, really. If you can just relax, and enjoy yourself, it is plain entertainment. Good enough for a fun summer movie.

And of coarse, two of us drank a whole quart of nog.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:35 PM

I like eggnog too, but the store-bought stuff makes me recoil after a sip. You can get trashed on it amazingly fast. I've seen girls especially not know what's gonna hit them when they guzzle eggnog.

I went with my brother and his girlfriend, after working most of what would become a 12-hour day, to an Asian restaurant for Thanksgiving, like all Asians do probably. The Jews get Chinese food on Christmas, so Chinese restaurants are always open then, and lots of immigrants/ethnics hit their restaurants up on Thanksgiving too. Gorged on shrimp and mussels, was non-traditional and not exactly homey, but good. At least every other girl there was cute, and every third girl there was hot. One of the pleasures of Asian restaurants. I was the only white dude there. A Vietnamese guy was singing Karaoke of old Beatles songs and messing up the lyrics in a ladyboy voice. My brother's girlfriend said the guy's father was the biggest music star in Vietnam, but I guess there was nothing genetic about it.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:43 PM

That's funny, Blarg.

I usually don't spend anything less than $10 for a pint on nog. Unfortunately, I was not feeling like I could justify spending that yesterday. The difference is not small. The cheap stuff usually has a horrid after taste, although going down is a crap shoot. I remember that the worse nog was the stuff I had in San Diego. It really depends on what brand you buy.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend...and Tenn, you should post more - I don't care how in luuuuuuv u are. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will, I promise. I need to get some wireless internet here so I can use my laptop. Hopefully soon. I miss you guys.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:40 PM

how has everyone's weekend been so far?

edit: anyone have big plans tonight?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 PM

I got an issue on my mind that I think the lounge can help me with. Gonna write the OP up sometime today....hopefully.

Conspire
Old 11-24-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The holidays season can be summed up in one joy: EggNog.

And of coarse, two of us drank a whole quart of nog.

[/ QUOTE ]

And for the several who mentioned the store bought sludge, quit screwing around. Learn the elixir....

12 eggs, separated. Don't try to shortcut the separation.
Beat the whites and add 1 cup of sugar
Beat the yolks and add 1 cup of sugar. also.
Beat two pints of whipping cream until just before it peaks.
Mix it all together. Kind of folding.
Add 8 cups of milk.
Add 1 cup ( or more) of alcohol. more is better. If you use brandy, use the cheap stuff because it is often sweeter.

You will only buy store bought in emergency situations from this point on. And you will regret it.

Make a reservation NOW! with Rotorooter to unclog your arteries on Jan.1.
Closed Thread