Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

My desktop is up and running. XP seems all right, I guess. I lost all of my bookmarks in Firefox in the transfer (forgot). Ugh to that. I had so many links to threads with book/movie recommendations. Also lost my links I use a lot for school. Blah.

Anyway, Lounging time can commence again!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dom - did you get your rug clean? Any pictures from Red Rock for us?

Hyde - you just saw them in concert? Are they any good? (TSO is like Meatloaf on steroids??)

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw them Friday night in Portland ME. great show.
The lead guitarist was a David Lee Roth wannabe, but closer to Joe Dirt in reality ( not his reality).
Everything else was kickass. The drummer was the best since Ginger Baker, he had so many drums and cymbals it looked like he was in a chrome thunder dome. The woman on first keyboard had mad skillz. two of the vocalists were either the strongest voices evah or sound systems have reached a new level.
Excellent effects and lights. Snow even. Seven local musicians did the strings, kind of a 'deer in the headlights' situation, but carried the sound. They were conducted/following/backing a guy with an electric violin...nice effect.
For those who don't know, the first half of the show is a blend of rock and roll xmas songs and a kind of poetic xmas story intertwined. The second half is rock and roll orchestra. When they started the slow beginning of 'Proud Mary' I said it takes huge testicles to try to cover that song. Tina still rules.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Dom - Glad that Sammy is alright. Next time take a camera please (I know you have one on your phone). Also, good job with the vinegar and baking soda. That's what my mom always used to use but I've heard it can leave a stain in the carpeting so I'm not sure about it.

Hyde - that's really odd. I never pictured the TSO to be like that. I guess I didn't realize they were a rock and roll band. I thought they were just an orchestra that performed alternative type music. (I love that one Christmas Canon song they play all the time in the malls.) David Lee Roth wannabe! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Haha! Too funny to even imagine. What a description. Sounds like it must have been a lot of fun.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hehehehe, in less then two hours, I'll be drinking an ass ton of pinot(well, not counting the two bottles of burg my friends and I are having to kick things off at their place) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kdawg, how were the Pinot Days? Are you sick of pinot yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll never be sick of pinot, in fact, I'm about to have a new zealand pinot in a little bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I had a great time, I got there pretty late, but I ran into a girl that I hadn't seen for almost 7 years and exchanged numbers and emails(unfortunetly for me she is still living in new jersey where we went to college, but she does have friends in chicago and just quit her job). So, even though I only got around to 12 wines at teh event itself, I'm still very happy with how everything went

for those that are interested my Tasting notes for my store's pinot tasting are here and here are my notes from Pinot Days

For those that may be interested, Here is a link to all of my notes by region

I probably will have to have something different soon just to change things up. I normally do my drinking in themes, and for the next two months it's pinot, and then in jan, it'll be all burgundy, but, I'm gonna be drinking so damn much pinot this month(I still have another Pinot tasting that I'm to go to at the end of the month) that I really need to drink something else to change things up
Old 11-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Would you marry a b*tch?

Man marries b*tch

Eh, maybe she's a good cook or something.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM

how is it there are places in the world (and I'm including America as well) where people are still this [censored] stupid?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:03 PM

What's up "The Lounge." I haven't posted anything talky for a while.

I have a few questions:

I enjoy a good cup of tea. I know that this supposedly looks healthier than a cup of joe, but I have a habit of putting 5 packs of sugar into each cup. One place I go, I get a decanter, and this decanter gives me 2 1/2 cups of tea. So, five cups of tea equals 25 packs of sugar! No wonder I don't go more than once a week.

I use Sugar in the Raw, is this healthier than plain white sugar?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:47 PM

With good tea you definitely don't need sugar.

And sugar is sugar. You're not going to be getting anything healthier by getting it fancy.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:08 PM

It was Rememberance Sunday here in the UK last Sunday. We commemorate our war dead on the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, with a 2 minute silence (sometimes a minute, depending where you are). Even supermarkets announce it, and people stand in silent contemplation.

Two of my sons took part - one is a scout, the other a cub scout - and we all attended the church service, and they marched to an outside service after that as part of their units.

As part of the church service, they read the names of all those fallen that came from our little village - 96 men, many with the same surnames, so brothers or cousins I guess. Dead from both World Wars - and the first World War was the longer list by far.

Do you guys in the US have any Rememberance services or traditions?

Here, it's common for the service to contain the 'last post' bugle and a lowering of flags, and someone reads:

When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
For Your Tomorrow We Gave Our Today

There were war widows at the church and outdoor ceremonies too (from recent conflicts too), and they cried of course, but I hoped that such rememberance, where a large number of the village came to pay respects, helps them somewhat.

It's common in England to have permanent markers or crosses in villages to remember the war dead - originating from the devastation the First World War had on the British population I think. I'm guessing the same is probably true for Aussies, New Zealanders, the French, the Germans and a lot of the Commonwealth, actually. Does the US have that?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:21 PM

With us, it's more like countdowns until twins turn 18.
Closed Thread