Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Default What can I learn from this PokerEV graph?

Today I tried out PokerEV written by Phil153. Unfortunately it doesn't support Prima, Crypto, Tribeca and Paradise Poker. Therefore only 1/2 of my PTO8 database could be plotted. Nevertheless here is my graph:

I am surprised how much money I have lost with hands that did not get to a showdown. Is there a way to get the green line closer to the red one without losing to much of my showdown win rate? And did any of you have the green line above the red one? I have seen Hold'em graphs with this feature but I am curious if this is possible in PLO8 too.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: What can I learn from this PokerEV graph?

what stakes?

if you're playing in games with maniacs (not just aggro players... maniacs) and/or calling stations (i.e., ones who only raise with the nuts), this is what your graph will look like if you're playing well.

a simple way to make the lines merge is to be more aggressive (selectively). note that it is likely that both lines will move if played well... your win rate (green) will move up, but your sd earnings (both red and blue) will move down.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: What can I learn from this PokerEV graph?

[ QUOTE ]
what stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Should be about equally distributed between the following stakes: 1/3 $25 PLO8, 1/3 $50 PLO8 and 1/3 $100 PLO8.

[ QUOTE ]
a simple way to make the lines merge is to be more aggressive (selectively). note that it is likely that both lines will move if played well... your win rate (green) will move up, but your sd earnings (both red and blue) will move down.

[/ QUOTE ]
After my post I was thinking along these lines too. My VP$IP has increased over time to 35% (Hands are played in equal shares between FR and 6max). Therefore my preflop range probably includes a few non-profitable hands.