Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Stock Contest for class

The class is a money/banking/investment course. The teacher is having us do a stock contest where the winner (the person with the highest balance at the end of 8 weeks) gets 10 points added to their final grade, 2nd place gets 5 I believe. We must pick our initial securities on next Saturday with Friday's closing price. Rules:

- $50,000 portfolio, and all of it must be invested (none in cash)

- Must initially buy between 1 and 10 securities or ETFs traded on the NYSE/NASDAQ/ASE

- Must own at least $5,000 of each security/ETF.

- Every Saturday (and ONLY on Saturdays) we're allowed to buy or sell. There will be a $50 "commission" for each transaction. Can't do any trading mid-week.

- We ARE allowed to short.

There are only 6 people in my class but I figure the best chance of winning is picking 1 penny stock and hoping for the best, correct?

If anyone has any ideas of stocks that have a chance of going bust but also have a chance to do very well in a 2-month time frame it would be appreciated. I'll update my portfolio along with my classmates once per week.